* Lahainaluna High School / Grade 11
* GPA: 3.1 (honors English, chemistry)
* SPORTS: Track and field, cross country
* FAMILY: Erwin and Marvie Alibin of Lahaina
* ACTIVITIES: HOSA, marching band
* FUTURE PLANS: Studying pharmacology at Washington State or University of Washington
Sports Spotlight students are selected by athletic officials from Maui County high schools and these profiles are compiled by the sports department of The Maui News. The Alexander & Baldwin Foundation makes a $200 donation in honor of each student athlete to their high school's athletic fund.
* SPORTS LESSONS: "Being an athlete has taught me how to push myself no matter how hard things may seem. It's taught me how to prioritize things in my life and self-discipline. Lastly, it's taught me that if you want something to happen you have to do something about it."