To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this free listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start / end times, cost and brief description to currents@mauinews. com. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed as close as possible to their start date; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Sunday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
* Pacific Whale Foundation. "Moonlight Tidepool Exploration" will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Monday and July 21. Meet some of the fascinating creatures that roam South Maui's tidepools at night. This discovery event is recommended for ages 6 and over. Cost is $7 per child and $15 per adult. To register, call 249-8811, ext. 1, or register online at www.pacificwhale.org and save 10 percent.
* Hui Noe'au Visual Arts Center will present the following art classes and camps. To register or for details, call 572-6560 or visit huinoeau.
com. Additional supply list is posted online at huinoeau.com under the class description.
"Camp Kaluanui: Summer 2014 (Ages 5+) House of the Sun: Hawaiian Habitats, Myths and Legends" will be from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Campers paint, build, design, dance, sing and play their way through a balanced variety of artistic activities. Space is limited. Pre-registration is required. Cost of five-day tuition: $215 ($269 nonmember) plus supply fee: $35; single-day tuition: $70 ($88 nonmember) plus supply fee: $7.
"Beginning Wheel Throwing I" with Bob Flint will be from 6 to 9 p.m. Wednesdays through Aug. 27. This class will impart the basic techniques of wheel throwing. Cost is $225 ($282 nonmember).
"Understanding Hawaiian Kapa" with visiting artist Dalani Tanahy will be from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday and July 13. Students will make a shark tooth knife and ohe kapala stamps, beat the kapa, make dyes, learn proper gathering methods for dye plants, and discover the different types of designs unique to Hawaiian kapa. Cost is $165 ($206 nonmember) plus supply fee: $50. See additional supply list online.
"iPhone Photography for the Creative Spirit" with Edward Baldwin will be from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday and July 13. The class will build on Level I skills and introduce the ProCamera app. Prerequisite: iPhone Photography Level I. Cost is $60 ($75 nonmember). See additional supply list online.
"Jewelry in a Day: Bangles, Hoops, and Stacking Rings" with Roberta Ann Weisenburg will be from 1 to 5 p.m. July 13. Learn basic techniques like fusing, forming, sawing, sanding, hammering and polishing. Cost is $45 ($56 nonmember) plus supply and lab fee: $20. See additional supply list online.
"Intermediate Jewelry" with Julie Matheis will be from 6 to 9 p.m. Wednesdays through Aug. 13. Students will learn to use the more advanced tools found in the Hui's studio, improve soldering skills, and refine designs. Cost is $195 ($244 nonmember) plus supply and lab fee: $45. See additional supply list online.
"Camp Kaluanui: Summer 2014 (Ages 5+) The Gift of Many Colors: Fiber, Fashion & Costumes" will be from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. July 14 -18. During each session, the teaching artists focuses on a different theme. Space is limited. Pre-registration is required. Cost of five-day tuition: $215 ($269 nonmember) plus supply fee: $35; single-day tuition: $70 ($88 nonmember) plus supply fee: $7.
* Maui Art Camp: Maui Superheroes. Weekly camps with Maggie Sutrov for ages 6-8 (8:30 to 11:30 a.m.) and ages 9-12 (12:30 to 3:30 p.m.) Mondays through Fridays at the Big Brothers Big Sisters Mentoring Center in Wailuku. Draw, paint and fall in love with making art. Cost is $99. Register online at mauiartcamp.com or call 283-0109.
* Business workshop. "Business on the Grills" with Maui Business Brainstormers will be from noon to 1:30 p.m. Tuesday at Maui County Business Resource Center, Maui Mall, Suite B-9. A MBB member submits his or her own business to be grilled. The business has been in operation with sales and needs to grow, but is facing challenges. To attend, RSVP at www.meetup.com/mauibusinessbrainstormers. Nonmembers need to join the free membership of MBB first.
* Ki-Aikido course. An introductory course in Ki-Aikido for teens and adults with Tracy Reasoner, under the direction of Christopher Curtis, will be from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Thursdays through July 31 at the Shunshinkan Dojo, 194 S. Market St., in Wailuku. The course will include non-
aggressive self-defense arts while being relaxed and calm. Cost is $40. For information, call 357-5172 or 244-5165, or visit mauiaikido.com.