* Kirstin Hamman has recently opened her own law office in Wailuku.
She is a 1997 graduate of the University of Hawaii William S. Richardson School of Law.
That same year she began her career on Maui as a law clerk for 2nd Circuit Judge Boyd P. Mossman.
She also has previously worked for the Maui Office of the Public Defender, Legal Aid Society of Hawaii and the Maui County Council. She has experience in criminal, family and administrative law and the state and county legislative processes.
The Law Office of Kirstin Hamman is located at 33 N. Market St., Suite 302, in Wailuku. Call 419-6556.
* Imua Family Services once again was named by Hawaii Business Magazine as a 2014 Best Places to Work in Hawaii and the nation for the third consecutive year, according to an announcement.
This is the nonprofit's fifth award in its class, making the local Maui agency an exclusive platinum winner.
Imua Family Services was previously awarded the Best Places to Work award in 2008, 2010, 2012 and 2013.
Imua is a nonprofit organization that has been helping children with developmental and behavior challenges on Maui and Lanai since 1947.
* Executive Chef Tylun Pang of The Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui and Ko Restaurant was recently honored with the Lifetime Achievement Award at the 2014 'Aipono Dining Awards.
Ko restaurant was further recognized, earning the Gold award for Best Hawaii Regional Cuisine and the Silver award for Best Healthy Choices.
Pang has spent more than a decade as executive chef at The Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui and is active in the community.
Sponsored by Maui No Ka Oi magazine, 'Aipono Awards annually recognize the best of Maui's food, wine and hospitality industries. Winners are selected by the magazine readers, a news release said.
* Sangrita Grill and Cantina, a Mexican restaurant and tequila bar, opened May 5 in Kaanapali.
Chef Paris Nabavi is owner of the restaurant that blends local ingredients with traditions of Mexico. Signature dishes include the Mother Clucker Flautas, with chicken and jalapeno sauce and the Cochinita Pibil - pork wrapped in banana leaves and topped with achiote sauce and pickled red onion. The restaurant also offers vegan and gluten free options.
Nabavi is the creator and owner of Pizza Paradiso Mediterranean Grill in Honokowai and Cilantro Mexican Grill in Lahaina.
The restaurant is located in the Fairway Shops on the Kaanapali shuttle route. It is open daily from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Happy Hour is from 3 to 6 p.m. Call 662-6000.
* Anuenue Juice Bar and Cafe, owned and operated by Tammy Ringbauer, opened a new Lahaina location May 1.
The business has a location on Lanai as well, and uses organic and local products.
Anuenue Juice Bar and Cafe is across from Kimo's restaurant on Front Street. The juice bar and cafe is open daily 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.