* Seabury Hall / Grade 12
* GPA: 3.86 (AP literary analysis)
* SPORTS: Track and field, volleyball
* FAMILY: Leslie and Jeff Bettendorf of Kihei
* ACTIVITIES: Maui Marathon volunteer, plays flute in school band
* FUTURE PLANS: Study psychology at Northern Colorado University.
Sports Spotlight students are selected by athletic officials from Maui County high schools and these profiles are compiled by the sports department of The Maui News. The Alexander & Baldwin Foundation makes a $200 donation in honor of each student athlete to their high school's athletic fund.
* SPORTS LESSONS: "I enjoy doing sports with people who share the same passion as I do. It makes me feel like I have found a group of like-minded people who can push me to be my best."