These are Maui Scene's minireviews, excerpts of wire service reviews and previews provided by studios and other sources.
* "HEAVEN IS FOR REAL" PG, 1:40. Drama. Maui Mall Megaplex.
Connor Corum (left) and Greg Kinnear star in “Heaven is For Real”
Sony Pictures photo via AP
Emma Watson and Douglas Booth shine in the star-studded film, “Noah”
Paramount Pictures photo via AP
Johnny Depp leads the mystery, sci-fi film, “Transcendence”
Warner Bros. Pictures photo via AP
A small-town father must find the courage and conviction to share his son's extraordinary, life-changing experience with the world. Stars Greg Kinnear, Kelly Reilly and Thomas Haden Church.
* "A HAUNTED HOUSE 2" R, 1:27. Comedy, horror. Maui Mall Megaplex.
Having exorcised the demons of his ex, Malcolm is starting fresh with his new girlfriend and her two children. After moving into their dream home, however, Malcolm is once again plagued by bizarre paranormal events. Starring Marlon Wayans, Jaime Pressly and Cedric the Entertainer.
* "TRANSCENDENCE" PG-13, 1:59. Drama, mystery, sci-fi. Maui Mall Megaplex.
A terminally ill scientist uploads his mind to a computer. This grants him power beyond his wildest dreams, and soon he becomes unstoppable. Stars Johnny Depp, Rebecca Hall and Morgan Freeman.
* "BEARS" G, 1:17. Documentary. Kaahumanu 6.
This documentary follows an Alaskan bear family as its young cubs are taught life's most important lessons. Stars John C. Reilly.
* "300: RISE OF AN EMPIRE" R, 1:42. Action, drama, war. Ends tonight at Kaahumanu 6.
Greek General Themistokles leads the charge against invading Persian forces led by mortal-turned-god Xerxes and Artemisia, vengeful commander of the Persian navy. Starring Sullivan Stapleton, Eva Green and Lena Headey.
* "CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER" PG-13, 2:16. Lahaina Wharf Cinema and Maui Mall Megaplex.
Anthony and Joe Russo direct this action, adventure, sci-fi movie about Steve Rogers, who struggles to embrace his role in the modern world and battles a new threat from old history: the Soviet agent known as the Winter Soldier. Stars include Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Robert Redford and Samuel L. Jackson.
* "DIVERGENT" PG-13, 2:19. Action, adventure. Kaahumanu 6.
In a world divided by factions based on virtues, Tris learns she's Divergent and won't fit in. When she discovers a plot to destroy Divergents, Tris and the Mysterious Four must find out what makes Divergents dangerous before it's too late. Stars Shailene Woodley, Theo James and Kate Winslet.
* "DRAFT DAY" PG-13, 1:49. Drama, sport. Maui Mall Megaplex.
At the NFL Draft, general manager Sonny Weaver has the opportunity to rebuild his team when he trades for the No. 1 pick. He must decide what he's willing to sacrifice on a life-changing day for a few hundred young men with NFL dreams. Starring Kevin Costner, Chadwick Boseman and Jennifer Garner.
* "GOD'S NOT DEAD" PG, 1:53. Drama. Maui Mall Megaplex.
College student Josh Wheaton's faith is challenged by his philosophy professor, who believes God does not exist. Stars Shane Harper, Kevin Sorbo and David A.R. White.
* "MR. PEABODY & SHERMAN" PG, 1:32. Animation, adventure, comedy. Maui Mall Megaplex.
Follow the time-traveling adventures of an advanced canine and his adopted son as they endeavor to fix a time rift that they created. Starring voices of Ty Burrell, Max Charles and Stephen Colbert.
* "MUPPETS MOST WANTED" PG-13, 1:52. Adventure, comedy, crime. Ends today at Kaahumanu 6.
While on a grand world tour, The Muppets find themselves wrapped into a European jewel-heist caper headed by a Kermit the Frog lookalike and his dastardly sidekick. Stars Ricky Gervais, Ty Burrell and Tina Fey.
* "NOAH" PG-13, 2:18. Adventure, drama. Maui Mall Megaplex and Lahaina Wharf Cinema.
A man is chosen by God to undertake a momentous rescue mission before an apocalyptic flood destroys the world. Starring Russell Crowe, Jennifer Connelly and Anthony Hopkins.
* "NON-STOP" PG-13, 1:46. Action, mystery, thriller. Maui Mall Megaplex.
An air marshal springs into action during a transatlantic flight after receiving a series of text messages that put his fellow passengers at risk unless the airline transfers $150 million into an off-shore account. Starring Liam Neeson, Julianne Moore and Lupita Nyong'o.
* "OCULUS" R, 1:44. Horror. Maui Mall Megaplex and Lahaian Wharf Cinema.
A woman tries to exonerate her brother, who was convicted of murder, by proving that the crime was committed by a supernatural phenomenon. Stars Karen Gillan, Brenton Thwaites and Katee Sackhoff.
* "RIO 2" G, 1:41. Animation, adventure, comedy. Kaahumanu 6 and Lahaina Wharf Cinema.
It's a jungle out there for Blu, Jewel and their three kids after they're hurtled from Rio de Janeiro to the wilds of the Amazon. Starring voices of Jesse Eisenberg as Blu, Anne Hathaway as Jewel and others such as Bruno Mars, Jamie Fox and Will i Am.
* "SABOTAGE" R, 1:49. Action, crime, drama. Maui Mall Megaplex.
Members of an elite DEA task force find themselves being taken down, one by one, after they rob a drug cartel safe house. Stars Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sam Worthington and Terrence Howard.
* "SON OF GOD" PG-13, 2:18. Drama. Kaahumanu 6.
The life story of Jesus is told from his humble birth through his teachings, crucifixion and ultimate resurrection. Starring Diogo Morgado, Amber Rose Revah and Sebastian Knapp.
* "THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL" R, 1:40. Comedy, drama. Kaahumanu 6.
The adventures of Gustave H, a legendary concierge at a famous European hotel, and Zero Moustafa, the lobby boy who becomes his most trusted friend. The story involved the recovery of a priceless painting and the battle for a fortune. Starring Ralph Fiennes, F. Murray Abraham and Mathieu Amlric along with Adrian Brody, Willem Dafoe, Jeff Goldblum, Harvey Keitel, Jude Law and Bill Murray.
* "THE RAID 2" R, 2:30. Action crime, thriller. Maui Mall Megaplex.
Only a short time after the first raid, Rama goes undercover with the thugs of Jakarta and plans to bring down the syndicate and uncover the corruption within his police force. Stars Iko Uwais, Yayan Ruhian and Arifin Putra.
* Movie listings reflect showings that are made available by theaters at press time. Films are subject to change and may be released after publication. For up-to-date movies and showtimes, visit www.fandango.com.