* Personal: Age 17; son of Kimi and Baldev Singh of Pukalani; enjoys playing soccer, going to the beach, spending time with friends and family.
* At School: Associated Students of Kamehameha Schools Maui president, National Honors Society, soccer, cross country, bowling, track.
* Off Campus: Plays soccer for Maui FC.
Avinash Kau‘i Singh
* Beyond High School: Short-term goal is to graduate from high school and go to Chaminade University in Honolulu. Long-term goal is to achieve a masters degree in business administration from a continental school and move back to Hawaii.
* Who is your personal hero and why?
"My personal hero is my mother, Kimi Singh, who was able to accomplish anything that has ever arisen in her life, be it raising my brother, dealing with me, or working full time when my father would be away for months on business trips. She has always supported me in all that I do, be it at sports or academics, and has also instilled in me the values that I live my life by."
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.