* Lanai High School / Grade 12
* GPA: 3.7 (honors math and language arts)
* SPORT: Wrestling, cross country, volleyball
* FAMILY: Karen and Martin deBrum of Lanai City
* ACTIVITIES: Associated Students of Lanai High vice president, L-Club; hunting, fishing, surfing.
* FUTURE PLANS: Study marine biology at Pepperdine University.
Sports Spotlight students are selected by athletic officials from Maui County high schools and these profiles are compiled by the sports department of The Maui News. The Alexander & Baldwin Foundation makes a $200 donation in honor of each student athlete to their high school's athletic fund.
* SPORTS LESSONS: "I love the trips we take. It's always fun bonding with teammates and coaches. I also love the mental and physical challenges of being an athlete."