The Jewish Congregation of Maui will begin celebrating Passover on Monday, a time when Jews recount the story of exodus from Egypt 3,300 years ago.
The schedule of services includes:
* Monday 10 a.m., Chametz burning at synagogue; 6 p.m. evening service; 6:27 p.m. light candles; 6:30 p.m. community Seder. (Those who want to attend the Seder must make reservations. The service will include a recounting of the Jewish exodus from Egypt and a four-course dinner with traditional foods, stories and songs. The Seder will be led by Rabbi David Glickman. For menu, pricing and reservations, call 874-5397 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.)
* Tuesday 10 a.m. Pesach first day service; 7 p.m. service; 7:30 p.m. Seder II traditional.
* Wednesday 10 a.m. Pesach second day service.
* April 18 - 6:29 p.m. light candles.
* April 19 10 a.m.Shabbat and Pesach service.
* April 20 - 6:29 p.m. light candles; 6:30 p.m. Pesach seventh night service.
* April 21 10 a.m. Pesach seventh day service; light candles after dark.
* April 22 10 a.m. Pesach eighth day service.
Beit Shalom is located at 634 Alulike St. in Kihei, at the corner of Kaonoulu and Alulike streets.