Six firefighters have been promoted to the rank of firefighter III, fire apparatus operator.
* Mike Mullalley, a nine-year veteran from the Wailea Fire Station. He worked for two years on Lanai before transferring to Wailea. He was assigned to the engine company for four years, then transferred to the ladder company, where he has been for the last three years. His new assignment is at the Pukoo Fire Station, Third Watch, on Molokai.
* Michael McDonald, a nine-year veteran who spent five years at the Lahaina Fire Station with the ladder company and the last four years working at the Paia Fire Station. He is being assigned to the Health and Safety Bureau.
* Kenyon Smith, a seven-year veteran who has been stationed at the Lanai and Hana fire stations and has worked at the Paia Fire Station for the last three years. He is being assigned to the Training Bureau.
* Nathan Oshiro, a 12-year veteran from Molokai who currently works at the Kaunakakai Fire Station. His new assignment is at the Hoolehua Fire Station, First Watch, on Molokai.
* Jesse Aloy, a nine and a half-year veteran currently stationed at the Kahului Fire Station, where he has worked as a firefighter and hazardous materials technician. He spent five years with the Big Island Fire Department before joining the Maui Fire Department. His new assignment is at the Wailea Fire Station, First Watch.
* Thomas Gann, a 12-year veteran who began his career with seven years at the Wailuku Fire Station, where he worked on an engine company before being promoted to the hazardous materials company. After two years, he transferred to the rescue company, where he has been for the last three years.