Schedule for Holy Week announced
St. Theresa Roman Catholic Church has released its Holy Week schedule.
* Palm Passion Sunday Masses; 5:30 p.m. April 12 (no 4:30 p.m. reconciliation that day) and 7 and 9:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. April 13.
* Holy Thursday, April 17; (no 7 a.m. daily Mass); 7 p.m. Mass of the Lord's Supper, followed by adoration; and 10 p.m. prayer to close adoration.
* Good Friday, April 18; (no 7 a.m. daily Mass); noon and 7 p.m. services.
* Easter Vigil (Holy Saturday), April 19; (no 4:30 p.m. reconciliation and no 5:30 p.m. Mass); 7:30 p.m. Great Easter Vigil Mass, with a reception to follow in the parish hall.
* Easter Sunday, April 20; 7 and 9:30 a.m. Masses, both in the church and courtyard; (no 5:30 p.m. Mass).
The church office will be closed April 21, and there will be no reconciliation at 4:30 p.m. April 26.
Easter service and brunch planned
The Unity Church of Maui will hold its Easter service at 10 a.m. April 20 in the McCoy Theatre at the Maui Arts & Cultural Center, according to an announcement.
The Rev. Blaine Tinsley will deliver the message "Resurrection of the Christ within Us." Music will be provided by Curt Lee and Ken Stover and singing with Bonnie Newman, Virgie Cantorna and the Unity choir led by Kachina Palencia as well as special guest Adisa Omar Camara. Hula Hui O Lokai with Holly Sanchez and ensemble will dance.
During the adult service, children will have their own service and an Easter egg hunt.
An Easter brunch will celebrate Tinsley's second year at the church, located at 483 S. High St. in Wailuku. For reservations, call 298-8537. Tickets purchased in advance are $25 for adults and $15 children 10 and under. At the door, tickets are $30 for adults and $20 for children.
* The Religion page is published every Friday. This page welcomes news releases and announcements from churches and religious organizations in Maui County that wish to publicize guest speakers, special events and programs, and news items.
The deadline for submitting releases is 10 a.m. Tuesday in order to be considered for publication the following Friday.
To submit material, go to The Maui News website at www.mauinews.com. Look for Local News in the left margin, then click on Submit News: Virtual Newsroom. Once there, click on the Religion link.
For information, call 242-6343 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
"Church Listings" advertisements also are published on Fridays. For information, including cost or to update an existing listing, contact the The Maui News advertising department at 242-6316 or email@example.com.