These are Maui Scene's minireviews, excerpts of wire service reviews and previews provided by studios and other sources.
* "CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER" PG-13, 2:16. Lahaina Wharf Cinema.
Actors George St-Pierre (left) and Chris Evans star in “Captain America: The Winter Soldier”
Marvel-Disney photo via AP
Ralph Fiennes (left) brings down the house as a legendary concierge with actor Tony Revolori in “The Grand Budapest Hotel.”
AP photo/FOX Searchlight
Anthony and Joe Russo direct this action, adventure, sci-fi movie about Steve Rogers, who struggles to embrace his role in the modern world and battles a new threat from old history: the Soviet agent known as the Winter Soldier. Stars include Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Robert Redford and Samuel L. Jackson.
* "THE METROPOLITAN OPERA: LA BOHEME" 3:25. Saturday only. Maui Mall Megaplex.
For lovers of opera music, NCM Fathom Events presents "The Met: Live in HD" to cinemas nationwide. The broadcast of Puccini's "La Boheme" will be presented live from the Metroplitan Opera. For tickets, visit the box office or at www.fandango.com.
* "3 DAYS TO KILL" PG-13, 1:53. Action, crime, drama. Maui Mall Megaplex.
A dying Secret Service agent trying to reconnect with his estranged daughter is offered an experimental drug that could save his life in exchange for one last assignment. Stars Kevin Costner, Hailee Steinfeld and Connie Nielsen.
* "300: RISE OF AN EMPIRE" R, 1:42. Action, drama, war. Kaahumanu 6 and Lahaina Wharf Cinema.
Greek General Themistokles leads the charge against invading Persian forces led by mortal-turned-god Xerxes and Artemisia, vengeful commander of the Persian navy. Starring Sullivan Stapleton, Eva Green and Lena Headey.
* "AMERICAN HUSTLE" R, 2:18. Crime, drama. Maui Mall Megaplex.
A con man, Irving Rosenfeld, along with his seductive British partner, Sydney Prosser, is forced to work for a wild FBI agent, Richie DiMaso, who pushes them into a world of New Jersey powerbrokers and mafia.
* "BAD WORDS" R, 1:29. Comedy. Kaahumanu 6.
A spelling bee loser sets out to exact revenge by finding a loophole and attempting to win as an adult. Starring Jason Bateman, Kathyrn Hahn and Allison Janney.
* "DIVERGENT" PG-13, 2:19. Action, adventure. Kaahumanu 6.
In a world divided by factions based on virtues, Tris learns she's Divergent and won't fit in. When she discovers a plot to destroy Divergents, Tris and the Mysterious Four must find out what makes Divergents dangerous before it's too late. Stars Shailene Woodley, Theo James and Kate Winslet.
* "FROZEN," PG, 1:25. Animation, kids and family. Maui Mall Megaplex.
Walt Disney Pictures presents one of its coolest comedy-adventures yet - that's sure to dazzle viewers of any age. When a prophecy traps a kingdom in eternal winter, Anna (voiced by Kristen Bell) teams up with extreme mountain man Kristoff and his sidekick reindeer, Sven. They embark on an epic journey to find Anna's sister, Elsa, and put an end to the Snow Queen's icy spell.
* "LONE SURVIVOR" R, 2:01. Action, biography, drama. Maui Mall Megaplex.
Based on the failed June 28, 2005, mission "Operation Red Wings:" Four members of SEAL Team 10 are tasked with the mission to capture or kill notorious Taliban leader Ahmad Shahd. Stars Mark Wahlberg, Taylor Kitsch and Emile Hirsch.
* "MR. PEABODY & SHERMAN" PG, 1:32. Animation, adventure, comedy. Maui Mall Megaplex.
Follow the time-traveling adventures of an advanced canine and his adopted son as they endeavor to fix a time rift that they created. Starring voices of Ty Burrell, Max Charles and Stephen Colbert.
* "MUPPETS MOST WANTED" PG-13, 1:52. Adventure, comedy, crime. Kaahumanu 6.
While on a grand world tour, The Muppets find themselves wrapped into a European jewel-heist caper headed by a Kermit the Frog lookalike and his dastardly sidekick. Stars Ricky Gervais, Ty Burrell and Tina Fey.
* "NEED FOR SPEED" PG-13, 2:10. Action, crime, drama. Maui Mall Megaplex and Lahaina Wharf Cinema.
Fresh from prison, a street racer who was framed by a wealthy business associate joins a cross country race with revenge in mind. His ex-partner, learning of the plan, places a massive bounty on his head as the race begins. Starring Aaron Paul, Dominic Cooper and Scott Mescudi.
* "NOAH" PG-13, 2:18. Adventure, drama. Maui Mall Megaplex.
A man is chosen by God to undertake a momentous rescue mission before an apocalyptic flood destroys the world. Starring Russell Crowe, Jennifer Connelly and Anthony Hopkins.
* "NON-STOP" PG-13, 1:46. Action, mystery, thriller. Maui Mall Megaplex.
An air marshal springs into action during a transatlantic flight after receiving a series of text messages that put his fellow passengers at risk unless the airline transfers $150 million into an off-shore account. Starring Liam Neeson, Julianne Moore and Lupita Nyong'o.
* "PHILOMENA" (2013) PG-13, 1:38. Drama. Maui Mall Megaplex.
A world-weary political journalist picks up the story of a woman's search for her son, who was taken away from her decades ago after she became pregnant and was forced to live in a convent. Starring Judi Dench, Steve Coogan and Sophie Kennedy Clark. Nominated for four Oscars.
"SABOTAGE" R, 1:49. Action, crime, drama. Maui Mall Megaplex.
Members of an elite DEA task force find themselves being taken down, one by one, after they rob a drug cartel safe house. Stars Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sam Worthington and Terrence Howard.
* "THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL" R, 1:40. Comedy, drama. Kaahumanu 6.
The adventures of Gustave H, a legendary concierge at a famous European hotel, and Zero Moustafa, the lobby boy who becomes his most trusted friend. The story involved the recovery of a priceless painting and the battle for a fortune. Starring Ralph Fiennes, F. Murray Abraham and Mathieu Amlric along with Adrian Brody, Willem Dafoe, Jeff Goldblum, Harvey Keitel, Jude Law and Bill Murray.
* "THE LEGO MOVIE" PG, 1:40. Animation, action, comedy. Maui Mall Megaplex and Lahaina Wharf Cinema.
An ordinary LEGO minifigure, mistakenly thought to be the extraordinary MasterBuilder, is recruited to join a quest to stop an evil LEGO tyrant from gluing the universe together. Stars Chris Pratt, Elizabeth Banks and Will Arnet.
* "THE MONUMENTS MEN" PG-13, 1:58. Action, biography, drama. Maui Mall Megaplex.
An unlikely World War II platoon is tasked with rescuing art masterpieces from Nazi thieves and returning them to their owners. Starring George Clooney, Cate Blanchett and Matt Damon.
* "TYLER PERRY'S SINGLE MOMS CLUB" PG-13, 1:50. Comedy, drama. Maui Mall Megaplex.
Brought together by an incident at their children's school, a group of single mothers from different walks of life bond, and create a support group that helps them find comedy in the obstacles of life. Starring Nia Long, Amy Smart and Wendi McLendon-Covey.
* Movie listings reflect showings that are made available by theaters at press time. Films are subject to change and may be released after publication. For up-to-date movies and showtimes, visit www.fandango.com.