* Personal: Age 18; son of Dan and Rosanne Wuthrich of Kihei; enjoys soccer, going to the beach, body boarding, scuba diving, hiking, listening to music and spending time with friends.
* At School: National Honor Society, Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps, digital media, Outdoor Adventure Club. Honor roll (grade 9 to 12), varsity soccer, football, cross country, track and field.
* Off Campus: Maui United Soccer Club, Boy Scouts of America: Eagle Scout, summer camp staff at Camp Maluhia, Order of the Arrow, beach cleanups, Haleakala National Park volunteer, color guard ceremonies, Maui Food Bank volunteer.
* Beyond High School: Plans to attend college for four years on the Mainland and earn a bachelor's degree in computer science. Would like to eventually return to Maui and start his own information technology firm.
* What is the biggest problem facing youth today?
"The biggest problem facing youth today is the emphasis on materialistic objects. Too many people are worried about owning the next best thing and newest object out there. Many youths are too materialistic and put more of their attention into things rather than devoting their time and energy toward family, friends and community."
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.