* Personal: Age 17; daughter of Clint and Lisa Gima of Paia; enjoys traveling, photography, video production, watching movies, and spending time with friends and family.
* At School: Video club, 4-year honor roll, 4-year varsity soccer, 4-year varsity cross country.
* Off Campus: Volunteers at Paia Mantokuji Soto Mission.
* Beyond High School: After graduation, would like to study business/technology at the University of Hawaii Maui College and continue at the University of Hawaii at Manoa to pursue a degree in secondary education.
* Who is you personal hero and why?
"My hero(es) are my parents. My mom and dad both constantly make sacrifices for me and I know they support me 100 percent. I am always looking to them for advice because I look up to them. They are my role models. I trust them completely, they know what is best for me and I believe they are always looking into my best interests. I admire my parents. They are a representation of the person I am aspiring to become. "
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.