To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this free listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start/end times, cost and brief description to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed as close as possible to their start date; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Sunday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
* Gardening classes. Anne Gachuhi of the Home Gardening Support Network will be conducting the following gardening classes. To register, contact Gachuhi at 446-2361 or email@example.com.
** "Plant Propagation Techniques" will be from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. today at Kula True Value Nursery,
Kula. This session explores using seeds and vegetative plant parts. Bring 24-inch cuttings of citrus, avocadoes, figs or mangoes. Free.
** "Growing Tomatoes Successfully" will be from 6 to 8 p.m. March 17 at Hope Chapel, Kihei. The focus of this session is how to grow tomatoes that are fruitful and have few disease and pest problems. Cost is $10.
* Pacific Whale Foundation offers the following presentations. For information or reservations, call 249-8811, ext. 1.
** "Moonlight Tidepool Exploration" will be on Monday and Tuesday at a South Maui tidepool. This discovery event is recommended for people ages 6 and over. Cost is $15 per adult and $7 per child.
** "Evening with the Experts" will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday in the Haleakala Ballroom at the Westin Maui Resort and Spa in Kaanapali. The producer of "Blackfish" will present a 90-minute documentary and talk about the creation of this acclaimed film. Free. Seating is limited. Complimentary advance reservations for seats are recommended.
** "Heroes in Whale Research" will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Friday in the Haleakala Ballroom at the Westin Maui Resort and Spa in Kaanapali. The presentation will spotlight three dynamic female scientists who are studying whales in the wild through research projects funded by Pacific Whale Foundation. Free. Seating is limited. Complimentary advance reservations for seats are recommended.
* Dance classes. Rita O'Connor, Private Image Dance Studio and Keoni's Hot Lava DanceFit Studio are offering classes Mondays in Argentine Tango and Tuesdays in Beginner Salsa. Cost $12 to $20 with discounts available for monthly passes. For more information, visit www.privateimagedance.com or call O'Connor at 891-8747.
* Akaku: Maui Community Television. "Advanced Video Editing" will be Tuesday through Friday. Learn advanced techniques for editing with Final Cut Pro X. Familiarity with FCPX is required. For more information or to register, call 871-5554.
* Bonsai demonstration. A demonstration on "Group Forest Planting" by Michael Wiegand will be at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Kahului Jodo Mission, located at 325 Laau St. in Kahului. Attendees are encouraged to bring any bonsai trees they may want advice on. Space is limited to the first 30 persons. RSVP by contacting 357-4563 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Spiritual Development. "A Course in Miracles" with Tim Reagan will be from 7 to 9 p.m. Tuesdays at Unity Church of Maui, 483 High St., Wailuku. Give yourself the gift of healing and true peace. By donation. For information, call 242-9327.
* Maui County Business Resource Center will be holding the following workshops at the Maui Mall, Suite B-9. The workshops are subject to change or cancellation and are free unless otherwise noted. For information or to reserve a seat, call 873-8247.
** "Business on the Grill" with Maui Business Brainstormers will be from noon to 1:30 p.m. Tuesday. Members meet to discuss, share and learn subjects related to starting, running and growing their own business. To attend, RSVP at www.meetup.com/mauibusinessbrainstormers. Nonmembers need to first join the free membership.
** "How to Set and Achieve Any Goal You Have in Your Life" with Ed Gazmen, CLC, will be from noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday. This workshop will focus on how to become a "goal achiever."
** "Harnessing the Power of a Business Mastermind Group" with Danielle Miller will be from noon to 1 p.m. Thursday. Learn the core values of a mastermind group and how to create or join a group in your area.
* After School Art Classes with Barbara Steinberg will be from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. March 26 through May 21 at the Kihei Kalama Park Pavilion. Boys and girls age 6-12 are taught to appreciate Maui's plants and animals by painting them. Cost is $95. To register, call 269-6845.
* Health. "Awaken With Group Tapping" with Melinda Martin will be from 7:30 to 9 p.m. Thursday and March 27 at Awakening in Paradise in Kihei. This is acupuncture without needles. It is easily learned and can be used daily. Cost is $20. For more information, contact www.melindamartin.net or 914-414-0252.
* National Kidney Foundation of Hawaii and Hawaii Organ Transplant Support Group. Maui County Office on Aging staff members will speak on the services they offer to elderly/disabled people from 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday at Cameron Center Conference Room 1, 95 Mahalani St., Wailuku. Reserve your spot in advance, call 856-7578.
* Personal Development seminar. "The Art of Melting Conflict in all Relationships" with Lee Shapiro will be from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Thursday in Kihei. Learn how to effectively resolve conflict and how to get needs met. Cost is $30 ($20 with reservation). For information, call 875-9477.
* Yoga. "Spring Fever: Strengthening your immune system with yoga and essential oils" with Bridget Velasco will be from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. Saturday at Body Alive Yoga Studio, 1995 Main St., Wailuku. Cost is $30. For information, call 446-6382.