March is Red Cross Month and the Maui Red Cross asks for your support.
* Volunteer. Our volunteers respond to disasters from house fires to flooding, helping those affected with their immediate emergency needs such as food, clothing, shelter and comfort. All disaster response and disaster training are free of charge. We are looking for volunteers in all areas of Maui, Molokai and Lanai. Join our volunteer ohana and help us give hope to those in need.
* Be prepared. Disasters strike quickly and without warning. Make a disaster plan so your family knows what to do when an emergency occurs. Have a seven-day disaster kit to use at home or take with you if asked to evacuate. You can also download Red Cross first aid, pet first aid or hurricane mobile apps that provide instant lifesaving information in times of emergency at redcross.org/prepare/mobile-apps.
* Take a class. Be ready for emergencies by taking our first-aid/CPR training.
* Shop for a cause. Through March 12, shop at our awesome online auction. Bid on hotel stays in Bora Bora, Seoul, London, Las Vegas, on Neighbor Islands and other places as well as air tickets, golf/entertainment packages and restaurant gift certificates.
* Donate. The Red Cross is not a government agency and relies on the generosity of people to provide our humanitarian services to our community. Donations are much needed and appreciated, especially in these tough economic times.
Go to redcross.org/hawaii to learn more. Mahalo for your support.
Maui County Director
American Red Cross