* Maui Prep / Grade 12
* GPA: 3.78 (AP calculus, AP literature)
* SPORTS: Swimming
* FAMILY: Rebecca and Matthew Hirsch of Kihei
* ACTIVITIES: National Honor Society, student council, Camp Imua, Special Olympics
* FUTURE PLANS: Attend the U.S. Coast Guard Academy
Sports Spotlight students are selected by athletic officials from Maui County high schools and these profiles are compiled by the sports department of The Maui News. The Alexander & Baldwin Foundation makes a $200 donation in honor of each student athlete to their high school's athletic fund.
* SPORTS LESSONS: "Swimming has taught me dedication, perseverance and time management. I enjoy setting and accomplishing my goals and meeting and making friends along the way."