* Maui Prep / Grade 12
* GPA: 3.8 (AP history, AP literature)
* SPORTS: Swimming, cross country
* FAMILY: Colleen and Stuart Jefferies of Kihei
* ACTIVITIES: Special Olympics volunteer; surfing, baking
* FUTURE PLANS: Studying sports medicine at the University of Arizona
Sports Spotlight students are selected by athletic officials from Maui County high schools and these profiles are compiled by the sports department of The Maui News. The Alexander & Baldwin Foundation makes a $200 donation in honor of each student athlete to their high school's athletic fund.
* SPORTS LESSONS: "What I enjoy the most about being an athlete is that feeling you get when you know you have worked as hard as you could and know that it will be worth it in the end."