* Personal: Age 17; daughter of Teofilo and Melanie Garde of Lahaina; enjoys adventuring with friends, hanging out with family and going to the beach.
* At School: Rotary Interact Club, Academy of Hospitality and Tourism, honor roll, Associated Student Body vice president, student government, Kokua Krew, Hawaii Student Leadership Conference, Lahainaluna School Community Council (2011-13).
* Off Campus: Tutoring at Kumon, internship at Royal Lahaina Resort, greeter at Hula Grill.
* Beyond High School: Wants to attend a university close to home. Hopes to discover her ambition during college and chase after it.
* Who is your personal hero and why?
"My personal hero is my mom, Melanie Limon Garde. No matter how much she's struggling, she still manages to support our family. Despite how strict and difficult she can be sometimes, her 'tough love' keeps me on top of my game. I don't know what I'd do without this strong woman in my life. I'm forever grateful to have someone who supports, loves and cares for me so much."
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.