To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this free listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start/end times, cost and brief description to email@example.com. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed as close as possible to their start date; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Sunday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
* Gardening classes. Anne Gachuhi of the Home Gardening Support Network will be conducting the following gardening classes. For more information or to register, contact 446-2361 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
** "Organic Vegetable Gardening" will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Monday at Hope Chapel, Kihei. Cost is $10. It will also be from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at Lumeria Maui, Makawao. Cost is $15. These sessions cover the growing of vegetables using organic means and without the use of chemicals; how to start vegetables in a nursery, transplanting, use of natural fertilizers, watering, mulching and insect control.
* Judaism 101. Discussions on different aspects of Judaism with Rabbi Larry Winer will be at 10 a.m., Monday and Jan. 27, Lahaina United Methodist Church, meeting room, 988 Front St. (parking on Baker St.). For more information contact Winer at 661-3237 or email@example.com
* Business workshop. The following workshop will be held at Maui County Business Resource Center, Maui Mall, Suite B-9. Free.
** "Business on the Grill with MBB Members" will be from 12 to 1:30 p.m. Tuesday. Maui Business Brainstormers members meet every month to discuss, share and learn subjects related to starting, running and growing your own business. This segment creates a case study for mutual learning. A MBB member submits their own business to be "grilled." To apply for this segment, the business must be in operation with sales and the need to grow, but facing challenges. To attend, RSVP at www.meetup.com/mauibusinessbrainstormers. Nonmembers must join the free membership to participate.
* Living Wreath class. 10 a.m. today at Ali'i Kula Lavender Farm, 1100 Waipoli Road. Create a masterpiece with an amazing selection of succulents from the farm. Class includes all materials and instruction. Cost is $40 per person plus tax. Advanced reservations are required by calling 878-3004.
* SeaWees. "What are Whales? - Classroom Program" for children ages 3-5 and their parents/caregivers. Each child must be accompanied to SeaWees by a parent or caregiver. SeaWees meets from 9 to 10 a.m., at Pacific Whale Foundation's Discovery Center, Maalaea Harbor unless otherwise noted. Cost is $70 for the four-week session. Pacific Whale Foundation Members pay $60. For additional information, visit www.pacificwhale.org/content/seawees-preschoolers. To register, call 249-8811 ext. 1.
* EdVenture classes. The University of Hawaii Maui College is offering the following classes. For information or to register, call 984-3231.
** "Golf for Beginners: Playing in Paradise" (ages 16 plus) with Dodd Hessey will be from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesdays through Feb. 5 at the Maui Lani Golf Course. Designed for novice golfers or those with very modest experience. (Instructor will notify students by phone prior to class of equipment needs.) Cost is $179.
** "Motorcycle Basic Rider Course" will be from 6 to 9:30 p.m. Thursday and Friday and 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturday and Jan. 19. The Motorcycle Safety Foundation MSF Basic RiderCourse Hawaii edition is approved for use by the Hawaii Department of Transportation for Motorcycle rider education. Upon successful completion of the course, qualified students will be issued a licensing waiver. Cost is $200.
** "College for Kids: Ready, Set, Spray Paint!" with Pattie Hanna will be from 2 to 4 p.m. Saturday. Learn quick, easy spray paint application, good composition and color combinations. Requirements: Grades 4-8. Cost is $39. Material fee $5. No discounts apply.
* Patch class. "Basic Series (318) The Business of FCC, Part I: The Basics" will be from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesday. An overview of how to start a self-owned business. For information or to register, call 249-0101.
* Health presentation. "How Are Your Thoughts Influenced by Subtle Energy?" facilitated by Rich Ralston and Rhonda Felix will be from 7 to 9 p.m. Wednesday at the Awakening in Paradise Bookstore, Long's Center, Kihei. $20 suggested offering. To reserve your space call, 205-8302.
* The Hawai'i Council for the Humanities is holding a free grants information workshop on Friday, from 2 to 3:30 p.m., Maui Arts & Cultural Center, Alexa Higashi Meeting Room. Topics to be covered: Information about HCH, and our available resources; how to apply using HCH's online application system and how to write a competitive HCH grant proposal. For more information, contact Stacy Hoshino, director of grants and special projects, at 469-4551 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Pilates class. "Introduction to Gentle Pilates" with Eva Bondar will be from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. Saturdays through Feb. 8 at the Hannibal Tavares Community Center, Pukalani. Cost is ($48, or $40 for seniors) includes four classes and a corresponding DVD to practice at home. This low-impact mat workout strengthens the core, reduces back pain and alleviates stiffness and joint pain. Sponsored by the County of Maui. For registration, call 212-4861 or email email@example.com.