* Personal: Age 17, daughter of Diane and Michael Patterson of Makawao; enjoys singing, acting, playing clarinet, drawing and horseback riding.
* At School: Na Ali'i Marching Band/pep band (head drum major), symphonic band, drama club publicist, National Honors Society activities coordinator/head tutor, Leo Club vice president, Tri-M music honor society, Hawaii Health Occupations Students of America.
* Off Campus: Grace Church youth group, Waipuna Chapel youth group.
* Beyond High School: Plans to attend college in Colorado and pursue medical school to become a dermatologist.
* Who is your personal hero and why?
"My personal hero is my mother. Her dedication, encouragement, and stability have always been an inspiration, and I could have accomplished none of what I have done without her benevolent devotion and support. She is an amazingly hard worker, cook, cleaner, provider, personal taxi service, and teacher; somehow managing to balance the entirety. Yet above all, she is the most incredible mother, and best friend, one could ask for. It is therefore my goal to honor her love, vitality, and fortitude through pursuing each opportunity I am granted with, and becoming the most laudable, strong, righteous woman I can be."
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.