* Personal: Age 17; son of Ty and Jayne Hori of Kahului; enjoys fishing, bodyboarding and topics related to science.
* At School: Marching band, bowling, baseball, Math League, Key Club, honor roll.
* Off Campus: Eagle Scout, volunteer at Hala Makua, senior intern for Senator Brian Schatz, Civil Air Patrol, president of the Maui United Junior Youth Buddhist Association.
Trent M. Hori
* Beyond High School: Wants to attend one of the three military service academies and major in computer science. Would like to continue his career in the military as a pilot.
* Who is your personal hero and why?
"My personal hero is my older sister Taylor. Taylor has been a role model that I have looked up to all my life. Along with being my sister, she is also my best friend. She represents all that I want to be: intelligent, outgoing, hard working and friendly. When I needed help, she was there for me and would guide me in the right direction. Without her, I would not be the person I am today. I want to thank her for being an amazing sister. "
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.