* Lanai High School / Grade 12
* GPA: 3.9 (English 100 at University of Hawaii Maui College)
* SPORTS: Wrestling, cross country, volleyball
Jay Ryan Ballesteros
* FAMILY: Jay and Violeta Ballesteros of Lanai City
* ACTIVITIES: Associated Students of Lanai High class president, hunting, fishing, camping, volunteering for TriLanai, UNICEF, cemetery cleanup and the Lanai Community Health Fair
* FUTURE PLANS: Enlisting in the Air Force and studying engineering
Sports Spotlight students are selected by athletic officials from Maui County high schools and these profiles are compiled by the sports department of The Maui News. The Alexander & Baldwin Foundation makes a $200 donation in honor of each student athlete to their high school's athletic fund.
* SPORTS LESSONS: "Being an athlete has taught me self-discipline and determination. It has taught me to work hard for what you want."