To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this free listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start/end times, cost and brief description to email@example.com. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed as close as possible to their start date; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Sunday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
* EdVenture classes,
The University of Hawaii Maui College is offering the following classes. For information or to register, call 984-3231.
** "Super Foods, Superior Herbs" with Malik Cotter will be from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays through Dec. 5. Cost is $179.
** "Advanced Photography" with Ray Mains will be from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays through Dec. 7. No class on Nov 23. Requirements: Bring SLR digital camera, batteries, instructional manual, and laptop computer to class. Cost is $179.
** "Wire Wrapped Jewelry for Beginners" with Donna Brown will be from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Saturday. Requirements: Supplies are required. Ask for the supply list when registering. Cost is $129.
** College For Kids: NEW! "Easy Editing in iMovie" with Rick Ortiz will be from 9 to 11 a.m. Saturday. Bring your own video clips or use ours. Requirements: Age: 11and older. Cost is $39. Material fee included.
** "Be a Great Babysitter!" with Joanne Doell will be from noon to 2 p.m. Saturday. Requirements: Age 10 and older. Cost is $44. Includes $5 material fee.
* Gardening class. "Container Gardening Made Easy" with Anne Gachuhi of the Home Gardening Support Network will be from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. today at Kula True Value Nursery, Kula. Free. For information or to register, contact 446-2361 or firstname.lastname@example.org; visit www.homegardeningsupportnetwork.com
* Holiday Crafting Classes. Ali'i Kula Lavender, 1100 Waipoli Road, Kula, is conducting the following crafting classes.
** "Succulent Dish Garden Class" will be at 10 a.m., Nov. 19. Create your own beautiful and sustainable succulent garden using succulents from our farm in a tabletop container.
** "Floral Cornucopia and Pine Cone Turkey Craft Class" will be at 10 a.m., Nov. 24. Crafts include a woven cornucopia basket overflowing with the bounty of beautiful flora from the farm, as well as adorable pine cone turkeys.
** "Holiday Wreath Making" will be at 10 a.m., Nov. 30. Make a natural and stunning holiday wreath using evergreens, protea, and foliage from the farm. Will dry beautifully for the holiday season. Cost is $40 per person plus tax. Includes instructions and all materials. Advance reservations required. Email email@example.com or call 878-3004.
* Caregivers classes. "Powerful Tools for Caregivers" classes will be from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Monday through Dec. 16. in the Pukalani Swimming Pool Multi-Purpose Room. Interactive lessons, discussions and brainstorming will help caregivers practice and incorporate the "caregiver tools." Pre-registration is required. Cost is $25. Call Heather Greenwood for additional information and to register: 244-3242, ext 226.
* Health class. Kaiser Permanente - Maui Lani Clinic, 55 Maui Lani Parkway, Wailuku will offer the following free class.
** "Understanding Dementia Behaviors" with Kathleen Couch, Maui Adult Day Care Centers, will be from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Tuesday. Learn how to identify early, middle and late- stage dementia behaviors and gain tips and techniques for working with them. Pre-registration is required, call 270-7308 (Kaunoa).
* Patch class. Patch is a nonprofit organization offering basic classes to assist in becoming a licensed day care provider. For information or to register, call 242-9232 or visit www.patchhawaii.org.
** "Basic Series 705 Family Child Care Environment" will be from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday. An overview of key elements to include in family child care environments. Patch office, 1063 Lower Main St., Suite C-214, Wailuku.
* Business class. The following workshop will be held at Maui County Business Resource Center, Maui Mall, Suite B-9. For information or to reserve a space, call 873-8247.
** "Netiquette" How to Mix Online & In-Person Networking with Nico Fisher will be from 12 to 1:15 p.m. Wednesday. Free. Learn how to combine online and in-person networking, build your contact list, plus more.
* Plant Nutrition 2, with Lorraine Brooks, will be from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesday at UH Cooperative Extension, Community Services Building. Cost is $25. Some of the topics will include: basic NPK explanations, overview of soil fertility, importance of proper watering, role of essential micro-nutrients, and the application of amendments, fertilizers, mulch, and organic matter. To register, email Lorraine Brooks at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 244-3242, ext. 229.
* Health Presentation. "The Search for Truth about Plants, Animals, and Better Human Health," by H. Lorrin Lau, M.D., MPH will be at 7 p.m. Thursday, Cameron Center, 95 Mahalani St., Wailuku. Free. For information call 280-6865 or email@example.com
* Montessori School of Maui Dinner Project "Farm to Table" will be from 6:30 to 9 p.m. Friday at 2933 Baldwin Ave., Makawao. Only the first 24 ticket purchasers will be able to experience Executive Chef Justin Pardo's (Market Fresh Bistro) night of Farm to Table. This event is open to the public and space is limited. Cost is $150 per person. For tickets or reservation visit www.momi.org or for information, contact Betsy Bergevin at 573-1046 or firstname.lastname@example.org.