* Personal: Age 17; son of Peter and Janice DeMichele of Wailuku; enjoys hiking, camping, surfing and playing guitar.
* At School: Varsity basketball, varsity volleyball, National Honors Society, graduation committee, Bear Believers Club, Outdoor Adventure Club, Junior ROTC.
* Off Campus: Boy Scouts of America, Hope Chapel Youth Group, Kahului Union Youth Group.
* Beyond High School: Plans to attend Moody Bible Institute and major in pastoral ministry. Plans to continue his education and obtain a doctorate in theology.
* What would you do to improve education in Hawaii?
"To improve education in Hawaii, I would allow students to have more of a say in BOE decisions. The different perspective that Hawaii's youth would offer to the education system would benefit the state greatly. If students are given a voice, I believe that many beneficial changes will occur and positive improvements will result."
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.