To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this free listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start/end times, cost and brief description to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed as close as possible to their start date; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Sunday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
* Master Gardener Training. Applications for the 2014 session are now available. The deadline to apply is Nov. 15. The 16-week class will meet from 9 a.m. to noon Wednesdays from Jan. 15 to May 7 at the Community Services Building at UH-Maui College. If interested, contact Lorraine Brooks at LLB@hawaii.edu or call 244-3242, ext. 229.
* Zumba classes will be at 6 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays at Kalama Heights, Garden Room, 101 Kanani Road, Kihei; 9:30 a.m. Saturdays, The Gym Maui, 300 Ohukai St. Kihei. For information, call 280-1523.
* Painting class. Beginning Watercolor Painting with H. Lee Shapiro will be from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Tuesdays through Dec. 10 in Kihei. Cost is $120. For information, call 875-9477 or visit www.hleeshapiro.com.
* Business workshops. The following workshops will be held at Maui County Business Resource Center, Maui Mall, Suite B-9. For information or to reserve a space, call 873-8247.
** "How to Overcome Fear, Pick Yourself Up and Start a Project that Matters by Dr. Robert Santry & Mike Kern" with Seth Godin will be from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday. Learn how to take a "broken" situation and turn it into opportunities to create projects that fix it. Free.
** "What You Need to Know About Being a Nonprofit by Roya Deyheim" will be from 12:15 to 1:45 p.m. Friday. Learn the basics of establishing a nonprofit and the roles and duties of the board of directors. Free.
* Health classes. Kaiser Permanente will offer the following free classes.
** "Advance Health Care Directives" with Greg LaGoy, M.D., Hospice Maui will be from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Maui Lani Clinic. Discover the importance of documenting end of life decisions, health care power of attorney, and more. Pre-registration is required, call 270-7308 (Kaunoa).
** "Breastfeeding Basics" with Juliet Chaney and Jaclyn Medeiros will be from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. Wednesday or 10 to 11 a.m. Nov. 27, Wailuku Clinic. Learn the basics of breastfeeding and enjoy success while enhancing your bond with your baby. Pre-registration is required, please call 243-6150.
** "I Can Cope Cancer Class: Learning About Cancer " with Annette Delima, will be from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. Saturday. Get information about cancer diagnosis and treatment and receive practical help in coping with some of the emotional issues resulting from a cancer diagnosis. Advance registration is required, call 243-6484.
* Patch Class. Patch is a non-profit organization offering basic classes to assist in becoming a licensed day care provider. For information or to register, call 242-9232 or visit us at www.patchhawaii.org.
** "Basic Series 514 Addressing Hawaii's Environmental Standards" will be from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday. An overview of Hawaii State regulations addressing environmental (safety) standards. Patch office, 1063 Lower Main St., Suite C-214, Wailuku.
* Art classes. The Hui No'eau Visual Arts Center, 2841 Baldwin Ave., is offering the following art classes. To register or for details, call 572-6560 or visit huinoeau.com.
** "Adobe Lightroom Basics: Digital Photography Level 2" with Aubrey Hord will be from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Wednesday. Prerequisite: Beginning Digital Photography, Beginner's Guide class series, or equivalent experience. Cost is $40 ($50 nonmember) plus lab fee: $5
** "The Importance of Seeing Value Shapes in Landscape Painting" with visiting Artist Colleen Howe Bleinberger will be from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday, Saturday and Nov. 10. Cost is $230 ($288 nonmember).
** "Argentium Findings Workshop - Level 1" Session II with Roberta Ann Weisenburg will be from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Cost is $45 ($56 nonmember) plus supply & lab fee: $35
* Gardening class. "Starting An Organic Vegetable Garden" with Anne Gachuhi of the Home Gardening Support Network will be from 10 a.m. to noon Wednesday at Lumeria Maui, Makawao. This session covers tips on growing a successful organic garden. Cost is $15. For more information or to register, contact 446-2361 or email@example.com; visit www.homegardeningsupportnetwork.com
* Writing classes. Beginner-Intermediate/Advanced writing classes with Jasmyne Boswell will be on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Six-week session cost is $195 plus tax. Call 268-5807 or visit www.jasmyneconsulting.com.
* Irrigation workshop. "Irrigation for the Home Gardener" with Maui Master Gardeners will be from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Thursday at the UH Cooperative Extension, Community Services Building, UH-Maui College campus. Cost is $25. To register email Lorraine Brooks at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 244-3242, ext. 229.
* Pilates class. "Gentle Pilates Mat Classes" with Eva Bondar will be from 8:30 to 10 a.m. Saturdays through Dec. 15 at the Hannibal Tavares Community Center, Pukalani. Cost is $12 ($8 for seniors) or 10 class card for $100 ($80 for seniors). For information, call 212-4861.