To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this free listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start/end times, cost and brief description to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed as close as possible to their start date; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Sunday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
* Art classes. The Hui No'eau Visual Arts Center, 2841 Baldwin Ave., is offering the following art classes. To register or for details, call 572-6560 or visit huinoeau.com.
** "Intermediate Jewelry I - Level 2" with Luana Coonen will be from 9 a.m. to noon Mondays through Dec. 2. Learn to use the more advanced tools found in the Hui's studio, improve soldering skills, and refine designs for faster and more successful fabrication. Students are encouraged to enroll in Intermediate Jewelry II following this class. Cost is $195 ($244 nonmember) plus supply and lab fee $45.
** "Quick Jewelry: Hoops & Stacking Rings Workshop - Level 1" with Luana Coonen will be from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Nov. 3. Learn to create hoop earrings and stacking rings in sterling silver with a simple process. Cost is $75 ($94 nonmember) plus supply and lab fee $25.
* Health Seminar. "The Art of Melting Conflict in All Relationships" with Lee Shapiro will be from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Monday. Learn valuable tools on how to effectively resolve conflict and get your needs met in romance, family, and work. For more information, call 875-9477. Cost is $30/$20 with reservation.
* SeaWees Sessions. SeaWees: Ocean Discovery for Preschoolers "Slow, Faster, Fastest" will be from 9 to 10 a.m. Wednesdays through Nov. 20 at Pacific Whale Foundation's Discovery Center, Ma'alaea Harbor Shops unless otherwise noted. The SeaWees program features developmentally appropriate early-childhood practice including music/movement, demonstrations and guided exploration delivered in a child-centered environment. Each child is accompanied to SeaWees by his or her parent or caregiver. Cost is $70 for the four-week session. Pacific Whale Foundation Members pay $60. For additional information, visit www.pacificwhale.org/content/seawees-preschoolers. To register, call 249-8811 ext. 1.
* Business workshop. The following workshop will be held at Maui County Business Resource Center, Maui Mall, Suite B-9. For more information or to reserve a space, call 873-8247.
** "The ABC's of a Business Plan" with Craig Swift, Director of the MEO Business Development Center, will be from 1 to 2 p.m. Wednesday. This is a one-hour introductory workshop regarding MEO's Core Four Business Plan Course.
* Gardening class. "Growing Citrus Successfully" with Anne Gachuhi of the Home Gardening Support Network will be from 10 a.m. to noon Wednesday at Lumeria Maui, Makawao. This session will cover information on choosing the right varieties of citrus to grow. Cost is $15. For more information or to register, contact 446-2361 or email@example.com; visit www.homegardeningsupportnetwork.com.
* Plant Nutrition 1 will be at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday at UH-Maui College. In a two- part series, discover the things necessary to ensure strong healthy plants. In Part 1, learn about soil and how its composition, pH, salinity, water movement and organic content relate to the availability of plant nutrients. Bring soil sample for testing. Community Service Building, UH-Maui College. $25 (3 classes for $60). Contact Lorraine Brooks at LLB@hawaii.edu or 244-3242, ext. 229
* Kaiser class. "Breastfeeding Class" with Mary Jane Bennett will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Friday at the Kaiser Permanente - Maui Lani Clinic, 55 Maui Lani Parkway, Wailuku. Expectant mothers, fathers, family, and significant others can learn the benefits of breastfeeding, how it works, how to support the new mother, and more. Cost is Kaiser Permanente members: $25. Non-Kaiser Permanente members: $35. Advance registration is required, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Patch classes. Patch is a nonprofit organization offering basic classes at 1063 Lower Main St., Suite C-214, Wailuku, to assist in becoming a licensed day care provider. For information or to register, call 242-9232 or 249-0101 or visit us at www.patchhawaii.org.
** "Basic Series. Relationships with Families in Your FCC" will be from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday. Class will cover an overview of how to establish positive working relationships with families.
** "Basic Series. Addressing Hawaii's Health Standards" will be from 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday. Class will cover an overview of Hawaii state regulations pertaining to health standards for family child care homes.
* EdVenture classes. The University of Hawaii Maui College is offering the following classes. For information or to register, call 984-3231.
** "Put Basic Cooking Skills on the Front Burner" with Tyua Sereda will be from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays through Nov. 9. This hands-on class is designed for beginner chefs who want to save money and cook up a healthier lifestyle. All food and material fees are included in tuition. Cost is $149.
** "Wu Style Tai Chi Chuan Short Form - Level I" with Kurt Miyajima will be from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. Saturdays through Dec. 14. Learn the physical sequence of Wu Style Tai Chi Chuan, as well as some of its internal energetic "secrets." Cost is $144.