To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this free listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start/end times, cost and brief description to email@example.com. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed as close as possible to their start date; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Sunday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
* Art classes. Hui No'eau Visual Arts Center, 2841 Baldwin Ave., is offering the following art classes. To register or for details, call 572-6560 or visit huinoeau.com.
** "Argentium Fusing Basics: Ring Workshop - Level 1" with Roberta Ann Weisenburg will be from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. today. Cost is $45 ($56 nonmember) plus supply & lab fee: $35.
** "Jewelry with Shells - Level 1, Session III" with Julie Matheis will be from 6 to 9 p.m. Mondays through Nov. 11. Cost is $135 ($169 nonmember) plus supply & lab fee: $30.
** "Composition - Learning to See: Digital Photography Level 1" with Aubrey Hord will be from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday. Prerequisite: Navigating Your DSLR or equivalent experience. Cost is $80 ($100 nonmember) plus lab fee: $5.
** "Argentium Silver Basics I - Level 1" with Roberta Ann Weisenburg will be from 6 to 9 p.m. Wednesdays through Dec. 4. (No class on Nov. 27). Cost is $195 ($244 nonmember) plus supply and lab fee: $45.
** "Plein Air Pastel II" with Michael Clements will be from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursday through Saturday. Prerequisite: Plein Air Pastels I or equivalent experience. Cost is $175 ($219 nonmember).
** "Shaping and Altering Forms: Useful Pots from Simple Parts" with Chris Cowan will be from 9 a.m. to noon Saturdays through Dec. 14. (No class on Nov. 30). Prerequisite: some experience with making in clay, throwing or handbuilding. Cost is $195 ($244 nonmember) plus supply fee: $36 and lab fee: $30.
** "Playful Paper: Paper Toys and Pop-ups" with Jody Arthur will be from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday and Oct. 27 and Nov. 2 and 3. Learn about paper engineering and construct fantastic and surprising structures. Cost is $115 ($144 nonmember) plus supply fee: $40.
* Gardening class. "Basic Lawn Care Practices" with Anne Gachuhi of the Home Gardening Support Network will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Monday at Hope Chapel, Kihei. This session covers the strategies and sustainable practices to use in your lawn. Cost is $10. For more information or to register, call 446-2361 email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.homegardeningsupportnetwork.com.
* Dance Class. Learn traditional American folk dances (contra, mixers, line, round and square). A new beginning dance class will be starting on Monday. For more information and to register, call 572-0671.
* Didgeridoo Workshop with Wes (Forest) Hada, will be at 6 p.m. on Tuesday at the Kihei Public Library, 35 Waimahaihai St. Maui's foremost didgeridoo performer and teacher, will discuss the background and history of this Aboriginal Australian instrument, tell an aboriginal story, and demonstrate how to play this unique instrument. The Maui Friends of the Library is sponsoring the workshop. For more information, call the Library at 875-6833.
* Patch class. Patch is a nonprofit organization offering basic classes to assist in becoming a licensed day care provider. For information or to register, call 242-9232 or 249-0101 or visit www.patchhawaii.org.
** "Basic Series. The Business of FCC, Part III: Promoting It" will be from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday at 1063 Lower Main St., Suite C214, Wailuku. A review of the required written policies and procedures for family child care homes.
* Orchids Workshop will be from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.,Wednesday in the Community Services Building, UH-Maui College campus, $25, Maui Master Gardeners. Learn how to select orchids suitable for Hawaii and how to keep them alive once you get them. For more information, call 244-3242.
* Business workshops. The following free workshops will be held at Maui County Business Resource Center, Maui Mall, Suite B-9. For more information or to reserve a space, call 873-8247.
** "Sales Skills 201 - Role Playing" will be from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Wednesday. Focus will be the three ultra-important aspects of selling; 1) asking good questions, 2) handling objections, and 3) finalizing the sale, or "closing."
** "Developing a Marketing Plan" with Fred Rickert will be from noon to 1 p.m. Thursday. The basics of creating a marketing plan will be presented.
** "Affordable Care Act, Health Insurance and My Business" with Nikki Baysa, will be from 11 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Friday. This workshop will address some of the basics of Affordable Care Act, Small Business Health Options Program, the Hawaii health insurance marketplace (the Connector) and the small business tax credits.
* EdVenture classes. The University of Hawaii Maui College is offering the following classes. For information or to register, call 984-3231.
** "Tricks of the Treats: Decorating Halloween Cakelets" with Tori Takayesu will be from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday. From concept to finished cakelet, students will learn how to work with fondant, in addition to cake sculpting and decorating tips. Cost is $129. Material fees included.
** "College for Kids: Blast Off! Rocketry - Parents & Kids" with Jerry Isdale will be from 9 to 11 a.m. Saturday. Parent attends for free! Build your own compressed air rocket and then launch it! Class will teach basics of rocket design and flight. Student and parent will then design, construct and launch their rocket. Requirements: Gr. 4-8. Cost is $44, includes $5 material fee.