To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this free listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start/end times, cost and brief description to email@example.com. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed as close as possible to their start date; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Sunday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
* EdVenture classes. The University of Hawaii Maui College is offering the following classes. For information or to register, call 984-3231.
** "Hawaiian Healing Philosophies" will be from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Saturday. Cost is $144.
** "College for Kids - I am Programmer: Web Designs" Ages: 12 to 18 will be from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday. Cost is $59.
* Business workshops. The following workshops will be held at Maui County Business Resource Center, Maui Mall, Suite B-9. Call 873-8247.
** "Sales Skills 101 - Communicating Your Way to a Better Future" will be from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Wednesday. Free.
** "Understanding and Paying Off Debts for Individuals and Small Business Owners" will be from noon to 1 p.m. Thursday. Free.
** "Business Branding with Online Marketing" will be from noon to 1:15 p.m. Friday. Free.
* Health classes. Kaiser Permanente - Maui Lani Clinic will offer the following free classes.
** "Love & Logic Parenting" (6-12 years old) with Maureen Keirnes will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday. Advance registration is required, call 242-1608.
** "Anger: It's Time to Let Go" (two-part series) with Bill Staton, educator will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday and Oct. 23. Advance registration is required, call 270-7308.
** "I Can Cope Cancer Class: Learning About Cancer" with Annette Delima will be from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. Saturday. Advance registration is required, call 243-6484.
* Art classes., Oct. 13; Hui No'eau Visual Arts Center, 2841 Baldwin Ave., is offering the following art classes. To register or for details, call 572-6560.
** "Where the Wild Things Are Session II" (for 512 year olds) will be from 4 to 5 p.m. Mondays through Nov. 11. Cost is $45 ($57 nonmember) plus supply fee: $15
** "Troubleshooting Independent Projects - Level 2" will be from 6 to 9 p.m. Monday. Cost is: $35 ($44 nonmember) plus supply & lab fee: $10.
** "Tiny Hands" (For 2.55 year olds) will be from 9 to 11 a.m. Tuesdays through Nov. 19. Cost is: $105 ($132 nonmember) plus supply fee: $25.
** "Beginning Printmaking: Explorations in Aquatint" will be from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays through Nov. 19. Cost is: $195 ($244 nonmember) plus supply fee: $60.
** "Casting for Artists - Level 2, Session II" will be from 6 to 9 p.m. Tuesdays through Nov. 19. Cost is: $195 ($244 nonmember) plus supply & lab fee: $50.
** "Navigating Your DSLR: Digital Photography Level 1, Session I" will be from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday. Cost is: $80 ($100 nonmember) plus lab fee: $5.
** "Metalforming - Level 2, Session II" will be from 9 a.m. to noon Thursdays, through Nov. 2. Cost is: $195 ($244 nonmember) plus supply & lab fee: $50.
** "Intermediate Oil Painting: Abstract Expressionism" will be from 9 a.m. to noon Thursdays through Dec. 12. Cost is: $225 ($282 nonmember).
** "Introduction to Felting" will be from 9 a.m. to noon Fridays through Nov. 29. Cost is: $195 ($244 nonmember) plus supply fee: $50.
** "Fabulous Florals in Watercolor Workshop" will be from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Oct. 20. Cost is: $130 ($163 nonmember).
* Gardening class
** "Organic Gardening Techniques" with Anne Gachuhi of the Home Gardening Support Network will be from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. today at Kula Ace Nursery (True Value). Free. For more information or to register, call 446-2361, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.homegardeningsupportnetwork.com
* Dog obedience classes. Maui Obedience Training registrations for an eight-week series, will be at 4:30 p.m. Tuesday. Cost is $50. For more information, call 572-0671.
* Patch class. Patch is a nonprofit organization offering basic classes to assist in becoming a licensed day care provider. For information or to register, call 242-9232 or visit www.patchhawaii.org.
** "Basic Series 319 The Business of FCC, Part II: Building It" will be on Tuesday from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.
** "Developing a Support Plan for Infants and Toddlers" will be on Wednesday from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Free. Patch office, 1063 Lower Main St., Suite C-214, Wailuku.
* Keiki College & Career Night. Sacred Hearts School, Lahaina, Wednesday, will be from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., school cafeteria, 239 Dickenson St. Free. Open to families with children in grades K-8 from all Maui schools. For more information, call the school office at 661-4720.
* Meditation classes. "Learn to Meditate" with Michael J. Dawson will be from 6 to 7 p.m. Wednesday and 3 to 4 p.m. Saturday at Awakening in Paradise, Longs Center, 1215 S. Kihei Road. Cost is $10. Call 269-6785.
* We Celebrate YOU! A special event in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month will be from 6 to 7:30 p.m. on Friday at Body Alive Yoga, 1995 W. Main St., #20, Wailuku. A supportive and informative evening of empowerment and healing. Free. To register, contact 357-6242 or contact email@example.com.