* Personal: Age 17; son of Ann and Martin Prouty of Kula; enjoys camping, hiking, watching sports, snorkeling, going to the beach and going to the movies with friends.
* At School: Senior class president, Headmaster's List every quarter since arriving at Seabury, Academic World Quest participant, 8-man football, basketball, track and field, co-founder of NFL debate club.
* Off Campus: Boy Scouts of America (Eagle Scout), vineyard worker at Tedeschi Vineyards, volunteer at D.T. Fleming Arboretum.
* Beyond High School: Plans to pursue an engineering degree in college and continue many of his extracurricular activities. In the long term, wants to have a job that helps people and to start a family.
* Who is your personal hero and why?
"My dad has always been my personal hero because of his knowledge and character. As a general contractor, my dad is well versed in practical skills. Because of this, he always has solutions to whatever problems I encounter, whether it be car trouble or a logistical problem at a volunteer activity. As for my dad's character, he is always willing to help others, and is never afraid to make jokes. Also, he has sacrificed much to finance my education. As a result, I always strive to acquire practical knowledge and help others, hoping one day I can be like him."
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.