To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this free listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start/end times, cost and brief description to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed as close as possible to their start date; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Sunday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
* Self Help classes. "Change Your Thinking, Change Your Life" with Rhonda Felix will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesdays through Nov. 26 at a central location (to be announced); from 1 to 3 p.m. Wednesdays through Nov. 27 at Makawao Union Church, Paia. For class fee, contact 205-8302 or email@example.com.
* Patch class. "Basic Series 8 Providing Quality Care" will be from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday. Class will cover an overview of Hawaii's Quality Care program and key elements of providing quality care. For information or to register, call 242-9232 or 249-0101, or visit www.patchhawaii.org.
* Art classes. Hui No'eau Visual Arts Center, 2841 Baldwin Ave., is offering the following art classes. To register or for details, call 572-6560 or visit huinoeau.com.
** "Jewelry with Shells-Level 1" with Julie Matheis will be from 6 to 9 p.m. Wednesdays through Oct. 16. Learn to use the jeweler's saw, torch and hammer to design jewelry using your favorite seashells. Note: 4-week with classes do not qualify students to use open studio. Cost is $135 ($169 nonmember) plus supply and lab fee: $30.
** "Jewelry for Teens" (Age: 13+) with Julie Matheis will be from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. Wednesdays through Oct. 30. In beginning jewelry, teens will learn to cut, drill and pierce metal and will practice soldering techniques. No previous jewelry class is required. Cost is $115 ($144 nonmember) plus supply and lab fee: $25.
** "Argentium Fusing Basics: Ring Workshop -Level 1" with Roberta Ann Weisenburg will be from 1 to 5 p.m. Friday. Learn the basic fusing process with Argentium silver. Cost is $45 ($56 nonmember) plus supply and lab fee: $35.
** "Visual Languages: Explorations in Mixed Media" with Jonathan Yukio Clark will be from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays through Oct. 6. Incorporate original textiles into mixed-media artworks. Cost is $165 ($206 nonmember) plus supply fee: $60. An additional list of supplies is posted online.
** "Introduction to Black & White Photography" with Brian Miller will be from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays through Oct. 5. Become familiar with the Holga camera and its operational feature while learning the basics of film development. Cost is $80 ($100 nonmember) plus supply and lab fee: $20.
** "Intermediate Casting Workshop-Level 2 & 3" with David Welty will be from 2 to 6 p.m. Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sept. 29 and 5 to 9 p.m. Sept. 30. This workshop is designed for more advanced jewelry design students (or other students with instructors permission). Cost is tuition: $215 ($269 nonmember) plus supply and lab fee: $45.
* Business workshops. The following workshops will be held at Maui County Business Resource Center, Maui Mall, Suite B-9. For information or to reserve a space, call 873-8247.
** "How Social Media Can Build Profitable Relationships for Your Business" with Danielle Miller will be from noon to 1 p.m. Tuesday. Learn how to use social media to market your business, build profitable relationships, and connect with new customers. Free.
** "Building a Facebook Business Page from the Ground Up" with Nicole Fisher will be from noon to 1:15 p.m. Wednesday. Learn how to build an effective business page from scratch. Free.
** "QuickBooks for Small Business" with Richard Kehoe, CPA will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday. Learn with personalized tutoring how to set up your company's QuickBooks. This class is for new users. Cost is $45.
* Outrigger canoe paddling clinics offered by Kihei Canoe Club will be from 3 to 5 p.m. Fridays for as long as there is a demand. Clinic is open to new and experienced paddlers of high school age and will focus on steering and paddling techniques. For more information, visit www.kiheicanoeclub.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org.