To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this free listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start/end times, cost and brief description to email@example.com. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed as close as possible to their start date; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Sunday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
* Art classes. The Hui No'eau Visual Arts Center, 2841 Baldwin Ave., is offering the following classes. For details or to register, call 572-6560 or visit huinoeau.com.
** "Beginning Jewelry-Level 1" with Jaisy Hanlon will be from 9 a.m. to noon Mondays through Oct. 21. This class is highly recommended before any other jewelry classes are taken. Cost is $195 ($244 nonmember) plus supply and lab fee: $45.
** "Pinch, Coil, Roll-Fundamentals of Handbuilding" with Deb Zaleski will be from 9 a.m. to noon Wednesdays through Oct. 23. Students will be introduced to basic forming and construction methods for handbuilding in clay. Cost is $165 ($206 nonmember) plus supply fee: $22 / lab fee: $30.
** "Wheel Throwing & Handbuilding (Age: 10+)" with Nancy Martel will be from 3:30-5:30 p.m. Thursdays through Nov. 14. Students will learn the basic elements of wheel throwing and more advanced techniques. Cost is $135 ($169 nonmember) plus supply fee: $32.
** "Hand and Wheel: Altered Throwing" with Bob Flint will be from 6 to 9 p.m. Thursdays through Nov. 14. Prerequisite: prior clay experience required; this is not a class for the absolute beginner. Cost is $225 ($282 nonmember) plus supply fee: $15 / lab fee: $30.
** "Watercolor & Pastel Seascape Workshop" with Carmen Gardner will be from 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday. Cost is $45 ($57 nonmember) plus supply fee: $30. A supply list is posted online under class description.
** "Cuff Bracelets Workshop-Level 1" with Luana Coonen will be from 2 to 6 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
Ideal for students with no experience or for those wanting to get back into the studio. Cost is $95 ($119 nonmember) plus supply and lab fee: $15.
* Gardening class. "Growing Tomatoes Successfully" with Anne Gachuhi of the Home Gardening Support Network will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Monday at Hope Chapel, Kihei. Cost is $10. For more information or to register, call 446-2361 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* EdVenture classes. The University of Hawaii Maui College is offering the following classes. For information or to register, call 984-3231.
** "Traditional Thai Cooking with Modernized Techniques" with Pamela Benjasirichai will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Mondays through Sept. 30. Cost is $159 / material fees included.
** "Wisdom You Can Swallow: Understanding Chinese Tonic Herbs" with Malik Cotter will be from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays through Oct. 10. Learn the major Chinese herbs and how to make and prepare an herb formula. Cost is $179.
** "Speak Hawaiian For Beginners" with Keli'i Taua, Ph.D. will be from 6 to 7 p.m. Wednesdays through Oct. 23. Cost is $129.
** "Beginning Oil Painting" with Timothy Jon Terry will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Thursdays through Oct. 24. Cost is $179. Ask for a supply list.
** College for Kids: "Flying Objects: Straw Rockets!" with Karl Topper will be from 9 to 11 a.m. Saturday. Cost is $44 / includes $5 material fee.
* Patch Classes. Patch is a nonprofit organization offering basic classes to assist in becoming a licensed day care provider. For information or to register, call 242-9232 or 249-0101 or visit www.patchhawaii.org.
** "Basic Series 705 Family Child Care Environment" will be from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday. Class will cover the key elements to include in family child care environments.
** "Basic Series 113 Program Provisions: Child Development" will be from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Thursday. Class will cover the Hawaii regulations for meeting the needs of children and an introduction to child development.
* Maui County Business Resource Center will hold free workshops at Maui County Business Resource Center, Maui Mall, Suite B-9.
** "Business on the Grill with Maui Business Brainstormers (MBB)" will be from noon to 1:30 p.m. Tuesday. Meet other business owners/managers. For more information or to reserve a space, visit www.meetup.com/MauiBusinessBraintormers.
** "Sales Skills 201 - Role Playing" with TJ Anderson will be from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Wednesday. Lessons and theory learned in Sales Skills 101 will be put into practice. For more information or to reserve a space, call 873-8247.
* Meditation classes. "Gifts of Meditation" with Michael J. Dawson will be from 6 to 7 p.m. Wednesdays and noon to 1 p.m. Saturdays at Awakening in Paradise, Longs Center, 1215 S. Kihei Road. By donation. For more information, call 269-6785 or visit giftsofmeditation.com.
* Meditation sessions. "Arigato Meditation" with Soho Machida will be from 9:30 to noon Saturday (Paia Rinzai Temple, 120 Alawai Road) and 9:30 to noon and 1:30 to 4 p.m. Sept. 28 (Lahaina Jodo Mission, 12 Ala Moana St.). Cost is $25 per session / $20 per session for 2 or more sessions. To reserve, email email@example.com.
* Heart Circles. "Awakening Together in Community" from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sept. 22 in Haiku. Learn the five elemental skills required for blending personal awakening with community building. Cost is $275. For information or to register in advance, visit www.heartcircle.com/store.php.