To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this free listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start/end times, cost and brief description to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed as close as possible to their start date; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Sunday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
* Art classes. The Hui No'eau Visual Arts Center, 2841 Baldwin Ave., is offering the following classes. For details or to register, call 572-6560 ext. 21 or visit huinoeau.com.
** "Abstract Oil Painting" with Tony Walholm will be from 9 a.m. to noon Thursdays through Sept. 26. Cost is $225 ($282 nonmember).
** "Artist Chat" with Robert K. Liu: Careers, Lifelong Learning and Adaptation will be from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Thursday. Free.
** "Plein Air Pastel I" with Michael Clements will be from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Cost is $130 ($163 nonmember).
** "Watercolor Basics II" with Carmen Gardner will be from 1 to 4 p.m. Saturdays through Sept. 14. Cost is: $195 ($244 nonmember).
** "2013 Solo Artist Exhibition" Members' Opening Reception, featuring Jonathan Yukio Clark and Chenta Laury will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Saturday.
* EdVenture classes. The University of Hawaii Maui College is offering the following classes. For information or to register, call 984-3231.
** "Cooking for Singles" with Catherine Blake will be from 9 to 11:30 a.m. Mondays through Aug. 19. Learn fun ways to create delicious, healthy and satisfying meals at home. Cost is $109, food fee is included.
** "Hawaii's Marine Naturalist Certification & Training" with Hannah Bernard will be from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Mondays through July 12. Offers an overview of some of Hawaii's most visible and oft-encountered protected marine life. Cost is $89 with A&B grant qualification.
** "Introduction to Drawing Basics" with Ana Lucia Ramirez-Arriola will be from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays through Aug. 27. Learn basic components of drawing. Cost is $109.
** "Golf II Love golfing?" with Dodd Hessey will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesdays through Aug. 28. Diagnose and treat your full swing issues, develop your putting, chipping and pitching. Requirements: Golf for Beginners. Cost is $189.
** "Getting Published" with Alan Saunders will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesdays through Aug. 21. Students will learn to craft a query letter; to use it to research targets, and to tailor it for verbal presentation to an agent or editor. Cost is $89.
** "Improv Comedy Fun" with Dan Weisman will be from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturdays through Aug. 31. Learn the fundamentals behind successful improv comedy. Cost is $99.
** "Introduction to Digital Photography" with Ray Mains will be from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Saturdays through Aug. 17. Learn how to increase the quality of your photographs. Requirements: Bring SLR digital camera, batteries, instructional manual and laptop computer to class. Cost is $144.
* Upcountry T'ai Chi Ch'uan classes with certified instructors John Rivera and Jan Osterneck will be from 5 to 6 p.m. Tuesdays for 10 weeks at Lower Kula Rd. Beginner T'ai Chi Ch'uan is excellent for improving concentration, strengthening the mind/body connection, and enhancing health and well-being. Cost is $120. To register or for more information, call 264-1600.
* Swing class. "Blues Dance Fundamentals" with Catherine Liggett will be from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. Tuesdays through Aug. 13 at Konomi Dance Works, 70 Kanoa St. Suite 103, in Wailuku. Open to beginners and all levels. Cost is $10 or $25 for series. Contact Catherine Liggett at email@example.com for more details.
* Business workshop: "Income Taxes Vs Wealth" with Phil Lenefsky. will be from noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday at the Maui County Business Resource Center, Maui Mall Stuite B-9. Free.
* Kaiser Health. Kaiser Permanente - Maui Lani Clinic will offer the following free class.
** "Advance Health Care Directives" with Greg LaGoy, will be from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday. Discover the importance of documenting end- of-life decisions, health care power of attorney, and more. Advance registration is required, call 270-7308 (Kaunoa).
* Gardening class. Anne Gachuhi of the Home Gardening Support Network will be conducting the following gardening class. For more information or to register, call 446-2361, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.homegardeningsupportnetwork.com.
** "Pruning Made Easy" will be from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday at Lumeria Maui, Makawao. Learn how to prune, what to prune, the right time to prune and reasons for pruning. Cost is $15.
* Puerto Rican dance class will be from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m., Fridays through September at the Luana Gardens Community Center, 615 Papa Ave., Kahului. Lessons in meringue, plena, waltz and salsa for children 6 to 12 years old. Free. For information or to register, call 760-8044 or 283-3010.
* Composting class will be from 9:30 to 11 a.m. Saturday at the MOA Center, 164 Kamehameha Ave., Kahului. Cost is $10. To register, call 283-5505 or go to joyofworms.com for more information.
* Eden at Home Training with Dr. Michael Cheang, of the University of Hawaii, Manoa Campus assisting. 8:30 a.m. registration; 9 a.m. training Saturday, with follow- up a month later. Cost is $10, which includes registration, lunch & workbook. For information or to sign up, call Janie at 572-7229.