To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this free listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start/end times, cost and brief description to email@example.com. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed as close as possible to their start date; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Sunday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
* Spiritual Training. Ancient Alchemy with Jody Soltau Mountain, student of Kahu Abraham Kawai'i, will be from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at The Montessori School of Maui, 2933 Baldwin Ave., in the All-Purpose Room. Classes will be held today and one Sunday per month through Oct. 20. Cost is $120 per day or $400 for the series. Discount of 50 percent for kanaka maoli. For more information, call 269-0591 or visit 'Free and Ongoing Events' at www.lineageoflight.com
* Art classes. The Hui No'eau Visual Arts Center, 2841 Baldwin Ave., is offering the following classes. For details or to register, call 572-6560 or visit huinoeau.com.
** "Camp Kaluanui: Summer 2013 (Ages 5+) Fern Gully: A Magical Maui Rainforest" will be from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Cost is five-day tuition: $215 ($269 nonmember) plus supply fee: $35; single-day tuition: $70 ($88 nonmember) plus supply fee: $7
** "Jewelry with Shells - Level 1" with Julie Matheis will be from 6 to 9 p.m. Mondays, through Aug. 12. Cost is $135 ($169 nonmember) plus supply and lab fee: $20.
** "Beginning Printmaking" with Nelly Sorokko will be from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays through Aug. 27. Students will learn the fundamentals of printmaking from start to finish. Cost is $195 ($244 nonmember) plus supply fee: $60.
** "Metal Construction - Level 2" with J.B. Rea will be from 9 a.m. to noon Thursdays through Aug. 29. Prerequisite: Beginning Jewelry or equivalent experience. Cost is $195 ($244 nonmember) plus supply & lab fee: $45
** "Intermediate Wheel Throwing" with Bob Flint will be from 6 to 9 p.m. Thursdays through Sept. 12. Class includes a quick review of the basics. Prerequisite: Wheel Throwing I or prior wheel throwing experience. Cost is $225 ($282 nonmember) plus supply fee: $15 and lab fee: $30
* Ballet Camp for students ages 6-10 with Bethany Verdusco will be from 3 to 4 p.m. Monday to Friday, at Island Spirit Yoga in Lahaina. Offered by Maui Academy of Performing Arts. Young ballerinas will learn the foundations of ballet. Cost is $80. No experience necessary. Download registration form at www.mauiacademy.org/sumr.asp or call 244-8760.
* Dance Student Registration. Dance Time, Center for Dance Arts in South Maui, is holding dance student registration from 5 to 6 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday in the Maui Powerhouse Gym, 1279 South Kihei Road, Kihei, in the Azeka Center. For more information, contact Kerry Nel, Director/Instructor at 214-2987 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Business workshops. Maui County Business Resource Center is offering the following classes. To reserve, call 873-8247.
** "Sales Skills 101" with TJ Anderson will be from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Wednesday. This workshop focuses on the single most important aspect of selling - communicating. Free.
** "QuickBooks for Small Business" with Richard Kehoe will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday. This class is for new users and will teach you how to record sales, receive payments, prepare invoices, and balance your checkbook. Cost is $45.
* Field Camera Certification Class will be from 4 to 7 pm Thursday and Friday and 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday. This class teaches all aspects of field camera production. Cost is $150. Call Akaku at 871-5554.
* EdVenture class. The University of Hawaii Maui College is offering the following class. For information or to register, call 984-3231.
** "Cake Decorating" with Tori Takayesu will be from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday. Students will decorate a layer cake, including special flowers and other decorative motifs. Requirements: Includes $30 fee for decorating materials. Students must bring in their own cakes, can of icing, and cake container or box. Cost is $119, ask for supply list.
* Ho'oponopono Basic I class with Keala O Kalani will be from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday in Wailuku. Those who attend the class on Saturday may also attend a Level II class on Sunday, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Free. Call Anne at 870-6182 for more information or to make a reservation.
* Health classes. Kaiser Permanente - Maui Lani Clinic will offer the following free classes.
** "Anger: Wisdom For Cooling The Flames" with Bill Staton will be from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, and July 31 (two-part series). Learn communication skills, conflict resolution, triggers and more. Free. Advance registration is required, call 270-7308 (Kaunoa).
** "Keiki Passenger Safety" will be from 3 to 5:30 p.m. Thursday at the Kamaaina Kids Lahaina Preschool, 553 Wainee St., Lahaina. Child Passenger safety technicians certified by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration will be on-site checking all child car seats and booster seats. Free. Advance appointment is required, call 243-6187.
** "La Leche League International (Breastfeeding)" with Mary Jane Bennett will be from 9:30 to 11 a.m. Thursday. Free. Advance registration is required, email email@example.com.