To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this free listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start/end times, cost and brief description to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed as close as possible to their start date; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Sunday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
* Art classes. The Hui No'eau Visual Arts Center, 2841 Baldwin Ave., is offering the following art classes. To register or for details, call 572-6560 or visit www.huinoeau.com.
** "Camp Kaluanui: Summer 2013 (Ages 5+) Animal House: The Zookeeper's Dream Camp" will be from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. The program offers a diverse art curriculum. Cost is four-day tuition: $215 ($269 nonmember) plus supply fee: $35. Single-day tuition: $70 ($88 nonmember) plus supply fee: $7
** "Intermediate Jewelry-Level 2" with Jaisy Hanlon will be from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Mondays, through Aug. 12. Students will learn to use the more advanced tools found in the Hui's studio, improve soldering skills, and refine designs. Cost is $195 ($244 nonmember) plus supply fee: $45
** "The Art of Black & White Film Photography (Ages 13+)" with Gwen Arkin & Brian Miller will be from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Friday. Students will explore black-and-white film photography. Cost is $135 ($169 nonmember) plus lab fee: $25
** "Beginning Jewelry-Level 1" with Jaisy Hanlon will be from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Wednesdays, through Aug. 14. This class teaches fundamental fabrication techniques using wire and sheet metals. Cost is $195 ($244 nonmember) plus supply and lab fee: $45
* EdVenture classes. The University of Hawaii Maui College is offering the following classes. For information or to register, call 984-3231.
** "Age Management Medicine" with Dr. David Kern will be from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesdays through July 30. Learn how to be proactive in your health, at any age. Make key adjustments as you age for staying healthy, vital, positive and clear. Cost is $104.
** "Golf for Beginners" with Dodd Hessey will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesdays through July 31 at Maui Lani. This class is designed for the novice or golfers with very modest experience. Requirements: Age 16+. Cost is $189.
** "Astronomy for Beginners" with Becky Sydney will be from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Fridays through July 26 at Kalama 107. Learn all about the planets, stars and constellations in this comprehensive class of astronomy. Cost is $109.
** "Healthy Indian Cooking Made Easy" with Indu Burks will be from 12 to 5 p.m. Saturdays through July 20. Learn the tasty secrets of Indian cooking. Cost is $144. Food fee is included in tuition.
** "Lights, Camera, ACTING Level II" with Dan Weisman will be from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturdays through Aug. 3. Reinforce the core skills of on-camera performance, character choices for commercial and theatrical auditions, cold reading, scene study and improv on camera. Requirements: Lights, Camera, ACTING or special permission from instructor required. Cost is $99.
* Gardening class. Anne Gachuhi of the Home Gardening Support Network will be conducting the following gardening classes. For more information or to register, call 446-2361 or email email@example.com
** "Natural Pesticide Options for the Home Landscape" will be from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. Wednesday at the Lahaina Civic Center. This session explores the different types of natural pesticides, their impact, and how to use them as an alternative to conventional pesticides. Cost is $15.
** "All About Tomatoes" will be from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday at the Lumeria Maui, Makawao. Learn how to grow tomatoes that are fruitful and with few disease and pest problems. Cost is $15.
* Summer Choreography Camp for students ages 12 and older with Rebecca Owen will be from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Monday to Friday at Maui Academy of Performing Arts, 2027 Main St., Wailuku. Intermediate and advanced dancers (Level II or higher in ballet or jazz) will explore the art of creating dances and learn how to create original choreography. Cost is $125. Registration form can be downloaded at www.mauiacademy.org/sumr.asp or call 244-8760.
* Ukulele workshop. "Play Along With Ukulele Mele" with Mele Fong will be from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. Saturday at Bailey House Museum in Wailuku. Ukulele players of all abilities are invited to bring their ukulele. Cost is $10. For information, call 281-4981 or visit www.ukulelemeleonmaui.com.
* Composting/Vermicomposting class will be from 9:30 to 11 a.m. Saturday at the MOA center, 164 Kamehameha Ave., Kahului. Worms will make an appearance at this workshop. Cost is $10. To register, call Wilma at 573-3911.
* Fruit Fly Management with Maui Master Gardeners will be from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. Saturday at UH-MC Community Garden. Learn the areas and crops different flies like best. Free. To register, call the CTAHR Extension Office, 244-3242, ext. 222.
* Hawaiian Moonlight concert. The Maui Historical Society and friends will host its monthly fundraiser concert series,"Hawaiian Moonlight" Saturday from 7 to 10 p.m. on the grounds of Bailey House Museum, 2375A Main St., in Wailuku. The entertainment features multi-Grammy Award winner George Kahumoku Jr. and friends. Cost is $25 general admission ($20) members. Children under 12 are admitted free with a paid adult. For more information, contact Maui Historical Society at 244-3326, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.