The following students with ties to Maui County have earned degrees at colleges and universities:
Jake Fish of Kula graduated from Harvey Mudd College in Claremont, Calif., on May 19, earning a Bachelor of Science degree in physics, and graduating with high distinction and departmental honors in physics. Fish attended King Kekaulike High School.
Princess Tavares of Kahului graduated May 20 from Boston College in Chestnut Hill, Mass., with a Bachelor of Science degree in psychology from the university's College of Arts & Sciences.
Dominique Marie Laborte of Lahaina graduated from Linfeld College in McMinnville, Ore., on June 2 with a Bachelor of Science degree in athletic training.
The following Gonzaga University students participated in graduation exercises May 12 in Spokane's Veterans' Memorial Arena in Washington.
* Jenai Albete of Makawao graduated with a Bachelor of Science in biology.
* Samantha Beerman of Makawao graduated with a Bachelor of Science in biology.
* Alexandra Hedin of Kihei graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in psychology.
* Nicole Rosen of Kula graduated magna cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts in English.
* Marvin Rumbaua of Kahului graduated with a Bachelor of Science in computer engineering.
* Alecia Tumpap of Makawao graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in psychology.
* Summer Wilkinson of Makawao graduated cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts in mathematics.
Cayla Rae Mana'olana Morimoto of Wailuku graduated on May 17 from the University of Texas at Austin with a Bachelor of Science degree in psychology and education. The 2010 Kamehameha Schools Maui graduate is the daughter of Candace Lahm and Curt Morimoto of Wailuku. She will pursue her master's degree while employed as a private school teacher in New York City.
Tiare Bowman Pimentel, daughter of Jennifer and Kauila Pimentel, graduated from Brown University in Providence, R.I. on May 26 with a Bachelor of Science in biology with a focus in neurobiology. She received honors in her degree and was elected into the Sigma Xi Science Honors Society for her academic excellence and research in developmental neurobiology. She graduated from Baldwin High School in 2009.