* Eric Chang has been named general sales manager for Servco Lexus Maui. He will oversee all new and pre-owned automotive sales, as well as the Servco Lexus Maui financing and insurance departments.
Most recently, he served as the floor manager at Servco Lexus Honolulu. He began his career at Servco Automotive through the management associate training program.
Raised on Maui, he is a graduate of Baldwin High School and the University of Hawaii at Manoa Shidler College of Business, where he earned a master's in business administration. He also earned a bachelor of arts in Japanese language and literature at UH-Manoa.
* Two new physicians have joined the Kaiser Permanente Maui medical team.
Dr. Drosie Rosaro, specialist in internal medicine, has joined the Maui Lani Clinic. She earned her medical degree from the University of Santo Tomas in Manila and completed her residency in internal medicine at the Capital Health Regional Medical Center in New Jersey.
Dr. Brett Shapiro, a specialist in ophthalmology, has joined the Wailuku Clinic. He earned his medical degree from and completed his residency in ophthalmology at the University of California San Francisco. He completed his cornea fellowship at the University of California Davis.
* Juliet DeGuzman Calpo has joined the Ka'anapali Beach Hotel as associate director of sales to develop efforts in various markets.
She has worked in the hospitality industry since 1997, most recently as director of sales and marketing at Mana Kai Maui and Condominium Rentals Hawaii.
Also joining the sales and marketing team are Cathy Nohara as sales assistant, and Koy Collier as marketing assistant.
Nohara has 16 years at Kapalua Bay Hotel. Collier has worked in various capacities at Ka'anapali Beach Hotel since 2010. She rejoins the hotel full time from Expedia Local Expert, where she served as concierge.
* Shawn Michael has been named Akaku's new director of programming. He has been with Akaku since 2002 and is currently the most senior member on the staff, a news release from Akaku said.
He began with Akaku shooting Maui County Council meetings, live shows and events and editing. For the last several years, he's been in the programming department, creating schedules and maintaining the broadcast library.
* Donna Yanos has been promoted to public relations and account manager with Gilbert & Associates.
She joined Gilbert & Associates in 2010 as an associate account executive. She previously worked at Maui Land & Pineapple Co. as communications coordinator and at Pacific Radio Group as an account executive.
Born and raised on Maui, she received her bachelor's degree in journalism from the University of Hawaii.
* Jennifer Brittin-Fulton, president of Employers Options, has received the Women Mean Business award from Pacific Business News.
She was recognized for having the largest woman-owned business on Maui with more than 916 employees during 2012 and had gross sales of $7.2 million.
Brittin-Fulton started her business career in Honolulu in the 1970s and in the 1980s took over ownership of Employers Overload in Honolulu. She later opened Employers Overload in Kahului and in 1991 changed the name to Employers Options, which is a job placement agency.
* Maricel Abad, a state Department of Health public health nurse with Maui ties, has been named the Centers for Disease Control Childhood Immunization Champion for Hawaii in recognition of her efforts to promote childhood immunization. Each year, in connection with National Infant Immunization Week in April, the CDC and the CDC Foundation honor health professionals and community leaders from around the country. These awards acknowledge exemplary individuals who go above and beyond to promote or foster immunizations among children 0-2 years old in their communities, a state Health Department news release said.
A public health nurse with the Health Department for the past 11 years, Abad was born in the Philippines and grew up on Maui.
* Tammy Wallace, a St. Anthony Junior Senior High School graduate, was named associate director of Alumni Relations-Events, Programs and Partnerships for the Alumni Relations office at the University of Hawaii Foundation. Wallace will be responsible for developing and directing events for the University of Hawaii Alumni Association and will manage UHAA's Alumni Rewards, a program that attracts and engages corporate partners.
* Maria Ginnebaugh with Coldwell Banker Island Properties has become a certified residential specialist. Realtors who receive the CRS designation have completed advanced courses and have demonstrated professional expertise in residential real estate.
Only 4 percent of all Realtors nationwide have earned the CRS designation.
* Ryan Stephen is the new community sales leader at Kalama Heights independent retirement community in Kihei.
He has more than 10 years of experience in the travel and hospitality industries and will be responsible for sales, marketing and community relations.
* Eric Nakamoto has been promoted to Maui District manager for ABC Stores Hawaii, Guam, Saipan, Las Vegas.
He will be in charge of 11 ABC Stores on Maui. Prior to this promotion, Nakamoto was a store manager and human resources training specialist. He began his career in 1982 as a management trainee.
* The American College of Radiology presented Dr. Andrew Kayes of Maui with the overall excellence chapter award for the Hawaii Radiological Society. Kayes is medical director at Maui Diagnostic Imaging and serves as councilor for the Hawaii Radiology Society.
He was recognized in Washington, D.C., at ACR's awards ceremony during its annual meeting and leadership conference.