To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this free listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start/end times, cost and brief description to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed as close as possible to their start date; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Sunday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
* Art classes. The Hui No'eau Visual Arts Center, 2841 Baldwin Ave., is offering the following classes. For details or to register, call 572-6560 or visit huinoeau.com.
** "Camp Kaluanui: Summer 2013 (Ages 5+) / Weird Science: The Art of Invention" will be from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Offering a diverse art curriculum geared to stretch minds, exercise imaginations and introduce new idea-generating techniques. Cost is five-day tuition: $215 ($269 nonmember) plus supply fee: $35; Single-day tuition: $70 ($88 nonmember) plus supply fee: $7.
** "Jewelry with Shells, Level 1" with Julie Matheis will be from 9 a.m. to noon, Mondays through July 1. Learn to use the jeweler's saw, torch and hammer to design jewelry using your favorite seashells. Cost is $135 ($169 nonmember) plus supply and lab fee: $20.
** "Beginning Jewelry, Level 1" with Julie Matheis will be from 6 to 9 p.m., Mondays through July 15. Learn fundamental fabrication techniques using wire and sheet metals. Cost is $195 ($244 nonmember) plus supply and lab fee: $45.
** "Composition - Learning to See: Digital Photography Level 1" with Aubrey Hord will be from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday. Aubrey will explain basic photography composition techniques and will give students time to practice, explore and experiment! Prerequisite: Navigating Your DSLR or equivalent experience. Cost is: $80 ($100 nonmember) plus lab fee: $5 plus supply list.
** "Artist Presentation & Pot-luck" will be from 6 to 7 p.m. Friday. Join the Hui and Maui ceramics community in welcoming Ken Matsuzaki of Mashiko, Japan. Please bring a dish to share for a potluck. Matsuzaki will present a video and exhibit a few of his pots.
** "Japanese Pottery Techniques" will be from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and June 16. Ken Matsuzaki has developed a unique method of handbuilding, which he will be demonstrating. Cost is $185 ($231 nonmember) plus supply fee: $20.
** "Preschool Mural Arts Class (Ages 2.5 5) " with Marie Fitzsimons will be from 9 to 11 a.m. Saturday. Class includes developmentally-appropriate hands-on art experiences, guided gallery exploration and outdoor play time. Studio fee: $5.
** "Watercolor Basics I" with Carmen Gardner will be from 1 to 4 p.m. Saturdays through July 20. Carmen will guide participants from the very beginning, taking a fun, in-depth, hands-on look at the basics: tools, washes, color, color relationships, and more! Cost is $195 ($244 nonmember) plus supply list.
* EdVenture classes. The University of Hawaii Maui College is offering the following classes. For information or to register, call 984-3231.
** "Building on Your Skills on the Potter's Wheel" with Jennifer Owen will be from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesdays through July 17 at the Heona Art Building II. For anyone who has learned the basics of ceramics, this class will help you hone your skills and gain control of shaping your pieces. Class is not for beginners. Cost is $249.
** "Argentine Tango" with Sugandha and Peter Black will be from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Thursdays through July 25. Learn the beginning skills, steps, and postures of the Argentine Tango. Requirements: Thick socks or leather or suede bottom dance shoes. No rubber soles or pointed shoes. Cost is $134.
* Dog obedience classes. Valley Isle Kennel Club will host basic dog obedience classes starting at 6:30 p.m. Mondays through July 15 in Pukalani. Dogs will be taught how to walk nicely on leash, sit, stay, come, down and much more. Cost is $60. For more information, call 572-0257.
* Health care fraud prevention. Kaiser Permanente - Maui Lani Clinic will offer "Health Care Fraud Prevention: The Latest Scams" (live video conference) from 10 to 11 a.m. Tuesday at 55 Maui Lani Parkway, Wailuku. Learn how to protect your Medicare number, find simple errors, and who to contact if someone has stolen and is falsely using your number or personal information. Free. Pre-registration is required, call 270-7308.
* Dog obedience classes. MOTC is now taking registrations for its eight-lesson series starting at 4:30 p.m. Tuesday in Upcountry. The cost is $50. For more information, call Dave or Ruth at 572-0671.
* Gardening class., Anne Gachuhi of the Home Gardening Support Network will be conducting the following gardening class. For more information or to register, call 446-2361 or email@example.com
** "Creating Edible Landscapes" will be from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday at the Lumeria Maui, Makawao. This session describes the process for creating edible landscapes. Cost is $15.
* Vegan presentation. "Waist Away: How to Lose Weight Joyfully & Supercharge Your Life." A presentation by Mary Clifton, M.D., will be held at 7 p.m. Thursday in the Cameron Center Auditorium, 95 Mahalani St., Wailuku. Learn why healthy vegan diets work to reduce disease through the use of healthy fats and proteins at the cellular level. Free. For more information, call Steve Blake at 572-8371 or email steve@DrSteveBlake.com.