Maui schools were among the winners announced in the 10th annual 'Olelo Youth Xchange Student Video Competition, presented by Sony.
Awards were presented April 12 at Ko Olina Resort & Marina on Oahu.
Sony HD digital cameras were awarded to all 36 divisional winners.
'Olelo Youth Xchange was developed to help give island keiki a voice to tell stories in a variety of video formats and about subjects that are meaningful to them.
This year, Youth Xchange videos competed in seven broad categories and seven sponsored categories. Broad categories included animation, minidocumentary, news, public service announcement, short, expert and junior expert.
There were three age divisions: elementary, intermediate and high school.
Sponsored subjects included Be a Jerk, Energy Conservation, I Ola Hawai'i, Peacemaker, Saving H2Outdoors, Start Living Healthy and Traffic Safety.
Judges selected winners and finalists based on subject impact and technical production. These panels included local news media, filmmaking professionals and subject experts.
Here are the Maui winners:
* Animation High School, "Captain Safety," Maui High School.
* News High School, "Before the Bullethole," Kamehameha Schools Maui.
* Peacemaker High School, "Peacemakers," Maui High School.
* Saving H2Outdoors High School, "A Small Distraction," Kamehameha Schools Maui.
* Traffic Safety Middle School, "Not a Game," Maui Waena Intermediate School.