* Personal: Age 18; son of Nani Duvauchelle and Audwin Calairo of Hoolehua; enjoys drumming and volleyball.
* At School: Senior Class vice president, Volleyball, 3.0 cumulative GPA.
* Off Campus: Surfing, lifting weights, spending time with family and going to the beach.
* Beyond High School: Plans to study fire science and play collegiate volleyball.
* What would you do to improve education in Hawaii?
" To improve education in Hawaii, I would encourage more students to play a high school sport because it teaches you life lessons such as time management, making right choices, setting priorities and working together. In order for a student to play sports in high school, one must have a state-mandated 2.0 GPA which reinforces the concept of student first, athlete second. The mandatory minimum GPA rule has helped me become not just an athlete but a student athlete!"
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.