* Lanai High School / Grade 12
* SPORT: Cross country, paddling, baseball
* GPA: 2.5
* FAMILY: Janett and Dean Tan of Lanai City
* ACTIVITIES: Sacred Hearts youth ministry, Junior Lifeguard Program, Tri Lanai.
* FUTURE PLANS: Attend Hawaii Pacific University.
Sports Spotlight students are selected by athletic officials from Maui County high schools and these profiles are compiled by the sports department of The Maui News. The Alexander & Baldwin Foundation makes a $200 donation in honor of each student athlete to their high school's athletic fund.
* SPORTS LESSONS: "I enjoy being with all my teammates and having fun with them at practices and games. I also like the feeling of the coaches giving me advice to better myself as an individual."