To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this free listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start/end times, cost and brief description to email@example.com. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed as close as possible to their start date; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Sunday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
* EdVenture class. "Business of Art" with Ira Ono will be from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at the University of Hawaii Maui College. Gain unique insights into understanding every aspect of what it takes to be a successful artist in Hawaii. Participants are encouraged to bring sample art work for review. Cost is $129. To register, call 984-3231.
* Art classes. The Hui No'eau Visual Arts Center, 2841 Baldwin Ave., is offering the following classes. For details or to register, call 572-6560 or visit huinoeau.com.
IRA ONO, conducting “Business of Art” class
** "Quick Jewelry" with Luana Coonen, Session IV will be from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday. This class will explore methods for creating hoop earrings, bangle bracelets, and stacking rings in sterling silver with simple steps and tools. Cost is $95 ($119 nonmember) plus supply and lab fee: $25.
** "Jewelry for Teens: Beginning Jewelry" with Julie Matheis, Session III will be from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. Mondays through May 20. Teens will learn to cut, drill, and pierce metal and will practice soldering techniques. Projects include pendants, bracelets, earrings, and/or rings. Cost is $110 ($137 nonmember) plus supply fee: $25.
** "Jewelry with Shells" with Julie Matheis, Session III will be from 9 a.m. to noon, Wednesdays through May 8. Learn to use the jeweler's saw, torch, and hammer to design jewelry using your favorite seashells. Students will develop original ideas and will learn traditional stone setting techniques using prongs. Cost is $125 ($156 nonmember) plus supply fee: $50, and supply list.
** "Introduction to Silkscreen Printing Workshop" with Monika Jost will be from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and April. 21. Students will plan their ideas, learn printing and Photoshop techniques, and print on paper, t-shirts, and other found objects. Cost is $125 ($156 nonmember) plus supply fee: $50, and supply list.
* Business workshop. "Inspiring the Entrepreneurial Spirit" with Jasmyne Boswell will be from 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. April 27. Learn the five steps that will help you create meaningful work based on your values, gifts and abilities. Preregistration fee $75, after April 21 $85. For more information or to register, call 268-5807 or visit
* Immigration workshop. Brown Bag Lunch Series: "Immigration 101 and Immigration Reform on Maui" with Kevin Block, J.D., Maui County immigrant services coordinator, from noon to 1:30 p.m. Tuesday at the J.W. Cameron Center Auditorium, 95 Mahalani St., Wailuku. For more information, contact Maui Mental Health America at 242-6461 or email BrownBag@MauiMentalHealth.org.
* Painting class. Beginning Watercolor Painting with H. Lee Shapiro will be from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Tuesdays through May 21 in Kihei. Cost is $120. For more information, call 875-9477.
* Healing Touch class. Healing Touch Level 1 class with Sarah Porter will be from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and April 21 in the Garden Room at Kalama Heights at 101 Kanani Road in Kihei. Healing Touch is a therapy involving gentle touch that assists in balancing physical, emotional, mental and spiritual well-being. Preregistration is required. The cost is $225. Registered Nurses and licensed massage therapists can receive 18 CEUs upon completion. For registration and further information, contact class coordinator Tabitha Benner at 879-4044 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Teen Jewelry Open Studio. Keri Meyer will be conducting the Open Studio from 2 to 5 p.m. Saturday at the Hui No'eau Visual Arts Center, 2841 Baldwin Ave. Cost is $25. To register, call 572-6560, ext. 21.
* Acting class. A complimentary introductory acting class with Robert Angelo will be from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at Maui Film Studios, 21 La'a St., Maui Lani Parkway, Kahului. Class size is limited to 50. Free. RSVP at email@example.com or facebook.com/robert.angelo with the following information: name, contact information for experience level, gender and age.