To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this free listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start/end times, cost and brief description to email@example.com. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed as close as possible to their start date; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Sunday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
* Nia classes. Jennifer Loftus will be conducting classes from 9 to 10 a.m. Sundays and from 4 to 5 p.m. Fridays at the Passion of Movement studio in Napili Plaza. Nia is a sensory-based movement that draws from martial, dance and healing arts. For more information, call 419-6028, or visit passionofmovement.com.
* Art classes. The Hui No'eau Visual Arts Center, 2841 Baldwin Ave., is offering the following classes. For details or to register, call 572-6560 or visit huinoeau.com.
** "Shell Jewelry Workshop" (Age 13+) with Julie Matheis from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday. Bring your favorite shells, beads and other objects and get ready to learn basic silversmithing techniques! Brass metal will be included with supply fee and sterling silver will be available for purchase. Cost is $45 ($57 nonmember) plus supply fee $20. Financial aid available.
** "Digital Photography Macro Workshop" with Aubrey Hord will be from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday. During this two-day workshop, students explore the basics of macro photography, composition, depth of field, and lighting through both classroom and hands-on experience on the grounds of the Hui. Cost is $80 ($100 nonmember) plus lab fee $5.
** "Intermediate Jewelry' with Julie Matheis will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesdays through May 15. Learn to use more of the advanced tools found in the Hui's studio, improve soldering skills, and refine designs for faster and more successful fabrication as students work on individual projects. Cost is $195 ($244 nonmember) plus supply and lab fee $45.
** "Plein Air Pastel II" with Michael Clements will be from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday through April 14. Intermediate and advanced artists will focus on painting with pastels in an outdoor environment. Students will complete paintings on location. Cost is $175 ($219 nonmember). A supply list is posted online at huinoeau.com under the class description.
* Dance classes. Hawaii Ballroom Dance Association is holding its final registration and lessons at 5:30 and 8 p.m. Monday at the Velma McWayne Santos Community Center, 95 Waena Place in Wailuku. Beginner waltz,
beginner bolero, and country two-step will be offered. Association dues are $15/year; $10/course - 2-course minimum per quarter. For more information, contact Bill Ruidas, at 873-8605, or Jeffery Dela Cruz, at 244-3263.
* Spring Quarter art classes. Barbara Steinberg will teach Spring Quarter art classes from 3 to 5 p.m. Thursdays through May 16 at Montessori Keiki Art School. Ages 6-14 are welcome. Cost is $118 including paints. See supply list at www.barbarasteinbergart.com/steinberg-artschool. To register, call 879-0025 or visit www.momi.org/685461.ihtml.
* EDVenture classes. The University of Hawaii Maui College is offering the following classes. For information or to register, call 984-3231.
** "Hot Hula fitness" with Nicole Jackson from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday through May 30. Hot Hula fitness
provides a total body workout to the sounds of Polynesian drum beats fused with Reggae music. All ages and fitness levels welcome. Cost is $89.
** "Beginners Jewelry Making Class" with Francine M. Fernandez from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday. You will learn the basics skills necessary to create a beautiful bracelet and earring set. You will also learn how to use different jewelry tools and materials including glass beads, jewelry wire, crimps, clasps, headpins and earring wires. Cost is $94.
* Dieting presentation. "The Role of Diet in Preventing, Treating, and Reversing the 15 Leading Causes of Death" with Michael Greger, M.D., will be at 7 p.m. Thursday at Kaunoa Senior Center, 401 Alakapa Place. Dr. Greger offers practical advice on how best to feed ourselves and our families. Free. For more information, call 572-8371, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Yoga-walk workshop. Will be from 7:30 to 10 a.m. Saturday at Ali'i Kula Lavender Farm. Workshop will discuss the necessary components of movement needed for an easeful walking program and then take it onto the road for a walk so you can integrate what you've learned and feel the effects. Bring a yoga mat, blanket, layered clothing, and walking shoes. Cost is $60. To register, call Pam 357-6242, or www.easeinmotion.com/shop.