To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this free listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start/end times, cost and brief description to email@example.com. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed as close as possible to their start date; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Sunday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
* Yoga-walk workshop will be from 7:30 to 10 a.m. Saturday (April 13) at Ali'i Kula Lavender Farm. Workshop will discuss the necessary components of movement needed for an easeful walking program. Advance registration is $50, after April 1 $60. To register, call Pam 357-6242, or www.easeinmotion.com/shop.
* Dance classes. Hawaii Ballroom Dance Association is holding its registration and lessons at 5:30 and 8 p.m. Monday at the Velma McWayne Santos Community Center, 95 Waena Place, Wailuku. Beginner waltz, beginner bolero, and country two-step will be offered. Association dues are $15/year; $10/course - 2-course minimum per quarter. For more information, contact Bill Ruidas at 873-8605, or Jeffery Dela Cruz, assistant dance director at 244.-3263.
* EdVenture classes. The University of Hawaii Maui College is offering the following classes. For information or to register, call 984-3231.
** "Dance Salsa!" with Rafael Pereda will be from 6 to 7 p.m. Tuesdays through May 21. Class will include basic steps, techniques and styling, and leading and following for beginners. Couples and individuals welcome. Cost is $94.
** "Japanese for Beginners" with Kazuko Lap from 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesdays through May 22. This comprehensive 20-hr. course gives you the fundamentals needed to speak and understand Japanese. Cost is $179.
** "The ABCD's of Sustainable Pruning" with Jeannie Pezzoli from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday. This workshop covers the essentials of trimming shrubs, flowers, and trees. Cost is $89.
** "Improv Comedy Fun II" with Dan Weisman from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturdays through April 27. For those who wish to take the next step toward advanced improv comedy performance in short form games, scenes and ensemble techniques introduced in "Improv Comedy Fun I." Requirements: Improv Comedy Fun Class or special permission from instructor is required. Cost is $89.
* Dog handling classes. Valley Isle Kennel Club will be offering handling classes; 6 p.m. Tuesdays through April 23, Kihei School playground. You will learn how to properly stack, gait and present your dog. Cost is $5 per person and each dog. Call 572-0257.
* Art classes., The Hui No'eau Visual Arts Center, 2841 Baldwin Ave., is offering the following classes. For details or to register, call 572-6560 or visit huinoeau.com.
** "Tiny Hands" with Jesse Stuart, Session II will be from 9 to 11 a.m. Tuesdays through May 7. Children will learn creative processes that little hands can manage with help. This class is for keiki ages 2.5-5 with an adult guardian. Cost is $105 ($132 nonmember) plus supply fee: $25.
** "Abstract Oil Painting" with Tony Walholm, Session II will be from 9 a.m. to noon Thursdays through May 16. Tony will work with students to enhance and achieve each individual's artistic vision. Beginning Oil Painting or equivalent experience. Cost is $225 ($282 nonmember) and supply list.
** "Handbuilding and Wheel Throwing" with Nancy Martel, Session II will be from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. Thursdays through May 23. Students will learn the basic elements of wheel throwing. Ages 10 plus are welcome. Cost is $135 ($169 nonmember) plus supply fee: $32.
** "Beginning Wheel Throwing I" with Bob Flint will be from 6 to 9 p.m. Thursdays through May 23. This class will impart the fundamentals and basic techniques of wheel throwing. Cost is $225 ($282 nonmember) plus supply fee: $15, and lab fee: $30.
** "Learn to Bisque Fire" with Deb Zaleski will be from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday, and 6 to 7:30 p.m. on Mon, April. 8. Students will learn how to properly load and fire an electric kiln for bisque firing using a Bartlett controller. Cost is $65 ($82 nonmember) plus lab fee: TBD.
* Health classes. Kaiser Permanente - Maui Lani Clinic in Wailuku is offering a class titled "Making Anger Your Ally" with Bill Staton. Join us 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday to learn communication skills, conflict resolution, triggers and more. Free. Advance registration is required by calling 270-7308.
* After school art classes. Barbara Steinberg is offering art classes from 3 to 5 p.m. Wednesdays starting April 25 through June 19 at Kihei Community Center. Learn how to draw and watercolor native animals and plants. Ages 6-15 are welcome. Cost is $95 or $10/class. To register, call 879-0025 or visit www.barbarasteinbergart.com
* Breastfeeding class. Mary Jane Bennett will be conducting a breastfeeding class from 6 to 8 p.m. Friday at Kaiser Permanente - Maui Lani Clinic, 55 Maui Lani Parkway, Wailuku. Learn the benefits of breastfeeding, how it works, how to support the new mother and more! Kaiser Permanente members: $25, non-Kaiser Permanente members: $35. Pre-registration required, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Self-realization workshop. "Connecting the Dots with the Mahayana Method" will be from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. April 13 and14 at Ashtanga Yoga Mysore, 137 Hana Highway, Paia. Simple and practical tools are given to begin clearing out years of programming manifesting as problems in life. Pre-registration fee: $293, after April 6 $333. Call 446-2844.