To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this free listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start/end times, cost and brief description to email@example.com. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed as close as possible to their start date; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Sunday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
* Smartphone workshops. Verizon Wireless will hold workshops for smartphone users from 8:30 to 9:15 a.m. Sundays at Maui Marketplace Verizon Wireless Store, 270 Dairy Road, Kahului. Learn the basics of customizing your phone, saving photos and more. For more information, call 877-4343, or register at www.vzwworkshops.verizonwireless.com/vzwworkshops.
* Spring ocean camp. Pacific Whale Foundation's "Courageous Corals" will be from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. March 18 through 22 at Discovery Center in Maalaea. The camp includes projects to gain a deeper understanding of corals. Children in K through 5 are welcome. Cost is $72 per day (Pacific Whale Foundation members pay $55 per day.) For more information, call 249-8811, ext. 1, or visit www.pacificwhale.org.
* Tutoring. Education Therapy on Hana Highway is offering a class titled "Spring Break Intensive Tutoring," primarily in reading and math, March 18-22. For an appointment, call 893-0590, or visit educationtherapy.org.
* Art classes. The Hui No'eau Visual Arts Center, 2841 Baldwin Ave., is offering the following classes. For details or to register, call 572-6560 or visit huinoeau.com.
** "Camp Kaluanui: Spring Break 2013" will be from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Session I: Monday through Friday. Session II: March 18-22. Cost is $215 ($269 nonmember) plus supply fee: $35. Single-day cost is $70 ($88 nonmember) plus supply fee: $7. For ages 5 and older.
** "Metal Construction" Session II with J.B. Rea will be from 9 a.m. to noon Thursdays through April 18. Students will forge wire and learn to make stone settings, hinges, and clasps. Prerequisite: Beginning Jewelry or equivalent experience. Cost is $195 ($244 nonmember) plus supply and lab fee: $45
** "Firing Workshop/High Fire Reduction" with Deb Zaleski will be Friday, Saturday and March 18, 5 to 9 p.m. (Friday), 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Saturday) and 6 to 8 p.m. March 18. Students will learn how to load and fire. This workshop is a prerequisite to becoming certified to fire gas kilns. Cost is $130 ($163 nonmember). Lab fee: TBD.
** "Printmaking and Book Arts" with a Magic Twist will be from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and March 17. Students will make a simple signature book, magic wallet, squash fold book, and/or accordion scroll book. Cost is $125 ($156 nonmember) plus supply fee: $25, and supply list.
* Business workshops. Maui County Business Resource Center is offering the following classes. Free. To reserve, call 873-8247.
** "Developing Great Networking Skills to Grow Your Business" with Mike Kern will be from 12 to 1 p.m. Tuesday. Learn how to tap into the people who can propel your business forward by providing you with great referrals.
** "Sales Skills 101 - Communicating Your Way to a Better Future" with TJ Anderson will be from noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday. This workshop will focus on the single most important aspect of selling - communicating.
* Gardening classes. Anne Gachuhi of the Home Gardening Support Network will be conducting the following gardening classes. For more information or to register, call 446-2361, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.homegardeningsupportnetwork.com.
** "Growing Olive Trees In Maui Part 1 and 2" will be from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. Wednesday and March 20 at UH EdVenture, Kahului. This session explores the basic requirements for growing olive trees in Maui. Cost is $89.
** "Container Gardening Made Easy" will be from 1 to 3 p.m. Wednesday at Bailey House Museum, Wailuku. The session provides an easy step by step process of creating containers and plant combinations. Cost is $15.
** "Basic Lawn Care Practices" will be from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday at the Lumeria Maui, Makawao. This session covers the practices for maintaining a beautiful lawn. Cost is $15.
* Spring Quarter art classes taught by Barbara Steinberg will be from 3 to 5 p.m. Thursdays starting March 28 through May 16 at Montessori Keiki Art School. Ages 6-14 are welcome. Cost is $118 including paints. To register, call 879-0025 or visit www.momi.org/685461.ihtml.
* Cooking demonstration. "Ori Ann Li's Vegan Paradise" will be at 7 p.m. Thursday at the Cameron Center Auditorium, 95 Mahalani St. Free. For information, call Steve Blake at 572-8371 or email email@example.com.
* Core workshop. Core and Cellular Transformation Sacred Alchemy and Divine Healing Transmissions with Ger Lyons' introductory evening will be from 7 to 10 p.m. Thursday at The Montessori School, 2933 Baldwin Ave. Introductory cost is $20. Three-day workshop (Friday-March 17) $350. Six-day workshop and training (Friday-March 20) $670. To register, call Dominique 269-6389, or cellularactivation@gmail. com.
* Meditation presentation. Learn how to live in alignment with the soul's purpose will be at 7 p.m. Saturday at Unity Church of Maui, 483 S. High St., Wailuku. Free. Call 879-0871 or visit www.santmat.net.