To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this free listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start/end times, cost and brief description to email@example.com. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed as close as possible to their start date; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Sunday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
* Health class. Kaiser Permanente - Maui Lani Clinic in Wailuku is offering a class titled "Nutrition: Just the Facts Please" (Live Video Conference). Join us 10 to 11 a.m. March 11 and learn easy tips to decode the food label so you can make the best food choices to eat right. Free. Advance registration is required by calling 270-7308.
* Lei making workshop. Viewpoints Gallery with Kalia Kelmenson will offer a lei making workshop from 2 to 5 p.m. today at Viewpoints Gallery, 3620 Baldwin Ave. in Makawao. The workshop will include haku lei making with native plant materials. Cost is $30. Call 572-5979.
* Spring ocean camp. Pacific Whale Foundation's ocean camp spring session titled "Courageous Corals" will be from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. March 18 through 22 at Discovery Center in Maalaea. The camp program includes projects and opportunities to gain a deeper understanding of corals. Children in grades K through 5 are welcome. Cost is $72 per day (Pacific Whale Foundation Members pay $55 per day.) For more information, call 249-8811 ext. 1, or visit www.pacificwhale.org.
* Hip Helpers. Gentle stretching and strengthening movements to balance and release tension from the hips will be from 10 to 11 a.m. Monday in South Kihei. For more information, call 268-8708 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Art classes. The Hui No'eau Visual Arts Center, 2841 Baldwin Ave., is offering the following classes. For details or to register, call 572-6560 or visit huinoeau.com.
** "Camp Kaluanui: Spring Break 2013" will be from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Session I: Monday through Friday, March 11-15. Session II: Monday through Friday, March 18-22. Cost is $215 ($269 nonmember) plus supply fee: $35. Single-day cost is $70 ($88 nonmember) plus supply fee: $7. Ages 5 and older are welcome.
** "Casting for Artists" with J.B. Rea will be from 6 to 9 p.m. Tuesdays through April 9. More experienced students may use this class to try new directions such as intricate surface work and three-dimensional ideas - even small sculptures. Prerequisite: Beginning Jewelry or equivalent experience. Cost is $195 ($244 nonmember) plus supply and lab fee: $50.
** "Glaze Mixing" with Deb Zaleski will be from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Saturday. Learn the fundamentals of mixing glazes, including converting test batch recipes to full batches, using a gram scale properly, and understanding the basics of minerals used in glazing. Cost is $35 ($44 nonmember).
** "Creating Luminous Watercolors on Aquabord" will be from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and March 10. Aquabord is a clay-surfaced board created by the Ampersand company to eliminate the need to frame watercolor paintings under glass. Cost is $125 ($156 nonmember) plus supply fee: $20, and supply list.
* Spring break art classes. Barbara Steinberg will teach spring break art classes from 3 to 5 p.m. Wednesdays through March 27 at Kihei Community Center. Drawing and water color of native animals and plants. Ages 6-14 are welcome. Cost is $10 week ($15 last week as it is longer). To register, call 879-0025 or visit www.barbarasteinbergart.com.
* Pregnancy massage course. Hawaiian Lomi Lomi pregnancy massage techniques in the side lying position. Classes will be from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Friday through March 10. For more information, email email@example.com or visit www.lomimassage.com.
* Voice healing workshop. "Soul Voice Workshop" with Amira Pacentra will be from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. March 16 and 17 at Ho'omana Spa Maui, 1550 Pi'iholo Road, Makawao. Discover your voice's unique spiritual resonance, healing abilities and ancient knowingness. Call 359-3009, or visit www.thefreespirit.ch.
* Composting workshop. SharingAloha is offering composting workshops once a month from 9:30 to 11 a.m. on the second Saturdays at the MOA Center, 164 Kamehameha St., Kahului. Worm composting will be discussed and worms will be in attendance. Cost is $10. For more information or to register, call 573-3911.
* EdVenture classes. The University of Hawaii Maui College is offering the following classes. For information or to register, call 984-3231.
** "Advanced Photography" with Ray Mains will be from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Saturday and March 16. Part 1 - Learn the basic business skills needed for a career in photography. In Part II - Take a photographic safari around the east end of Maui with an optional overnight stay. Intermediate Digital Photography or equivalent experience required. Requirements: Bring SLR digital camera, batteries, instruction manual, and laptop computer. Cost is $144.
** "Way of the Dream" with Dani Riggs will be from 10 a.m. to noon Saturdays through March 23. Students will explore soul, shadow, complexes, and the nature of the unconscious through interpreting their own dreams. Cost is $89.