* Personal: Age 17; daughter of Joshua and Mei-ling Adachi of Kaunakakai; enjoys singing, playing music, dancing hula, doing service projects and performing.
* At School: LEO Club, Leadership class (2 years), May Day chairperson.
* Off Campus: Moana's Hula Halau, Young Women Program, Ke Kukui Mohala program.
* Beyond High School: Major in vocal performance or visual arts at a university with a top music program.
* What do you think is the biggest problem facing youth today?
"I believe the biggest problem facing youth today is negative peer pressure to do drugs and get involved in extremely sticky situations. In the world today, drugs and other negative things are becoming more and more acceptable and popular. I think most peers give into peer pressure because they lack the ability to stand strong to their standards. "
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.