To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this free listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start/end times, cost and brief description to email@example.com. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed as close as possible to their start date; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Sunday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
* Art class. "Shell Jewelry Workshop for Teens" with Julie Matheis will be from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Sunday at The Hui No'eau Visual Arts Center, 2841 Baldwin Ave. Bring your favorite shells and learn basic silversmithing techniques. Cost is $45 ($57 nonmember) plus supply and lab fee: $20. For details or to register, call 572-6560 or visit huinoeau.com.
* Open House for Massage classes. The Maui School of Therapeutic Massage will hold an open house from 3 to 5 p.m. on Feb. 17 at 1043 Makawao Avenue, Suite 207. Hear from the faculty, meet other students and learn about our programs. Now registering for 12 month part-time and 7 month full-time programs beginning March 5 and March 25. For more information, call 572-1888, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit
* Tai chi classes. John Rivera and Jan Osterneck will teach beginner "Tai Chi Chuan" course from 5 to 6 p.m. Tuesdays, Upcountry. Beginner T'ai Chi Ch'uan is excellent for improving concentration, strengthening the mind / body connection, and enhancing health and well-being. This is a 10-week class beginning Feb. 26. Cost is $100. To register or for more information call 264-1600.
* Gardening class. Anne Gachuhi of the Home Gardening Support Network will be conducting a class titled "Major Insect Pests of Vegetables" from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. Wednesday at Bailey House Museum, Wailuku. This session covers the simple ways to identify common vegetable pests. Cost is $15. For more information or to register, call 446-2361, email email@example.com or visit www.homegardeningsupportnetwork.com.
* After school art classes. Barbara Steinberg will teach art classes from 3 to 5 p.m. Wednesdays through March 27 at Kihei Community Center. Students will learn to draw animals, plants and insects, how to blend and mix colors from three primary colors. Ages 6-13 are welcome. Cost is $10 week ($15 last week as it is longer) or $95 for nine weeks. To register, call 879-9925 or visit www.barbarasteinbergart.com
* Writing classes. Jasmyne Boswell is offering writing classes Wednesdays and Thursdays for six weeks in Haiku. Learn tools and techniques to make your writing come alive. Cost is $195. Call 268-5807, or visit www.jasmyneconsulting.com.
* A free presentation by Gene Baur. "Farm Sanctuary: Changing Hearts and Minds about Animals and Food" will be held 7 p.m. Thursday, at the Kaunoa Senior Center, 401 Alakapa Pl., Paia. A thought-provoking investigation of the ethical questions involved in the production of beef, poultry, pork, milk, and eggs. For more information, call Steve 572-8371 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* EdVenture classes. The University of Hawaii Maui College is offering the following classes. For information or to register, call 984-3231.
** "Cleanse and Rejuvenate" with Malik Cotter will be from 6 to 7:30 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays Feb. 14 through March 12. Students will do a cleanse program that builds blood, cleanses the liver and colon, and breaks internal blockages and congestion, while learning lifestyle ways of healthy living. Cost is $149.
** "Bloomin' Beds and Bushes" with Jeannie Pezzoli will be from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday. Follow this straightforward guide on how to design, trim, feed, and control pests in your landscape. Cost is $89.
** "Intermediate Photography" with Ray Mains will be from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Saturdays through Feb. 23. Learn about composing, shooting techniques, filters and their usage. Go on location and shoot various subjects using lighting and fill lighting. Requirements: All participants must have an SLR camera. Introduction to Digital Photography or equivalent experience. Cost is $144.