* Personal: Age 17; daughter of Chantal and Marc Ratte of Kula; enjoys hiking, baking and snowboarding.
* At School: Volleyball, soccer, tennis, Best Buddies chapter president, Student Council, Rotary Club, Earth Friends vice president, Kids Helping Kids.
* Off Campus: Volunteer at Kalima O Maui, Camp Imua.
* Beyond High School: Plans to attend college somewhere is Vancouver and eventually go into a career that somehow benefits the lives of people with disabilities.
* Who is your personal hero and why?
"My younger sister Gabby is definitely my personal hero. About a year and a half ago, she injured her back in a car accident. Since then, she has been to countless doctor and physical therapy appointments, not to mention being prevented from playing her favorite sport - volleyball. Throughout this intense process, she has never complained. Watching her handle her injury with grace despite all the pain it has caused sets a great example, and her determination to overcome this setback and play sports again is inspiring."
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.