* Todd A. Vines has been named marketing manager for the Queen Ka'ahumanu Center.
He was previously the director of public relations and social media at Maui-based advertising agency Gilbert & Associates.
* Brian A. Lynx, director of sales and marketing at the Grand Wailea Resort , is the new vice president of meetings, conventions and incentives at the Hawaii Tourism Authority.
He will oversee the HTA's meetings, conventions and incentives efforts and the agency's two contractors for this segment, the Hawaii Visitors and Convention Bureau and SMG, manager for the Hawaii Convention Center. He also will work with HTA's international marketing contractors in Japan, Korea, China, Australia and New Zealand.
Prior to Lynx's current position at the Grand Wailea Resort, he was the director of sales and marketing at Moana Surfrider; area director of sales and marketing for Starwood French Polynesia; director of sales and marketing at The Westin Maui Resort & Spa and The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas; director of sales and marketing at Mauna Kea Resort; associate director of sales at Kea Lani Resort & Spa; senior sales manager at Grand Wailea Resort & Spa; and front office manager at The Biltmore Hotel in Los Angeles.
* Jennifer Toba-Davila has been promoted to associate at Shimokawa Nakamura on Oahu.
Born and raised on Maui, Toba-Davila has been with the firm since August 2009 and is currently the project architect for the University of Hawaii Cancer Center LEED Program, Kilauea Lighthouse Village and Hyatt Regency Waikiki's Model Guestroom and Colony Meeting Room renovations.
* Cinde Dunham recently earned her certification as a professional in human services.
She is administrative manager at Employers Options.
The certification was awarded by the HR Certification Institute and signifies that Dunham possesses the theoretical knowledge and practical experience in human resource management necessary to pass a rigorous examination demonstrating a mastery of the field.
* Marsha Lowery, doctor of naturopathic medicine, has joined Grace Health Center and the practice of David Kern in Makawao. Lowery will provide naturopathic primary-care with an emphasis on women's health and pediatric wellness.
* Tom Roy has been named an account executive on Maui for UHA Health Insurance.
He will be responsible for business development and sales for the island.
Prior to joining UHA, Roy had been a sales executive with Marriott Vacations Worldwide. Earlier, he served as managing director with consulting firm Shiland Partners in Houston; director of finance for Hamilton Pharmaceuticals in Washington, D.C.; and investment associate with CNF Investments in Bethesda, Md.
The Lahaina resident received a bachelor of science in commerce and a master's of business administration from the University of Virginia in Charlottesville.