* Personal: Age 17; son of Ji Ho Choi and Tae Hee Choi of Wailuku; enjoys baking, spending time with family and friends, browsing the Internet and Instragram.
* At School: Student Council treasurer, Digital Media Club treasurer, Japanese Club, Math League, Key Club, National Honors Society treasurer, Science Olympiad, bowling, Judo, AP European History, AP English, AP Chemistry.
* Off Campus: Maui Junior Bowling Club, Maui Food Bank, Kahului Union Church, tutor at Kumon.
* Beyond High School: Plans to attend college on the West Coast (hopefully California) and major in chemistry. Wants to go to medical school to become an anesthesiologist.
* Who is your personal hero and why?
"When I think of the word "personal hero," many faces come up. My heroes have protected me in times of need and made me who I am today. However, my ultimate heroes are my parents. My parents have done so much; moving to a foreign country for my education, working over 12 hours a day to support me, and most importantly, teaching me the true meaning of perseverance. My parents may not have saved lives, but to me, true heroes are people that help others, and my parents have helped me reach the impossible. "
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.